7th October 2012, 03:35 PM
Monishajithin

Can I appear for UGC NET exam after passing MSc 1st semester student in Botany

Respected sir, i am a msc |st sem student in botany. Can i appear the ugc net exam of this year? Is there any questions from subsidiary subjects of botany ?

22nd March 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for UGC NET exam after passing MSc 1st semester student in Botany

Which subject do i select for UGC NET exam?i am a student of Msc. botany.
22nd March 2013, 09:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UGC NET exam after passing MSc 1st semester student in Botany

After completion of M.Sc Botany or when you are in final semester you can apply for UCG NET. As you are in just 1st semester means you are not eligible for UGC NET at present.

You must score 55% or above marks in M.Sc Botany to become eligible for UGC NET if you are General and OBC Category candidate.

If you are SC/ST category then you need only 50% marks in Post Graduation.

So you can start preparing for UGC NET from now and please make sure that your percentage in according to UGC NET rules otherwise you will not be eligible for it.

There is no age limit for Lecturership through UGC NET.

If you want Junior Research Fellowship then you have to be below 28 years of age .

There will be Written examination in the form of 3 papers which you have to qualify with merit to get the scorecard.

The scorecard can be used to apply for Lecturer post in Government colleges.

So be well prepared for the paper if you really want to qualify it.

For more information visithttp://www.ugcnetonline.in
23rd March 2013, 09:19 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET-National Eligibility Test.

NET exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) two times in a year i.e this exam held in the month july and december.

Eligibility details:-

The applicant must have to complete Post-graduation in with atleast 55% of marks from a recognised university.

Final year exams appearing students can also eligible for this exam.

Relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST candidates.

You must be a citizen of India.

Age details:-

For JRF(Junior Research Fellowship):-

The candidates age should be not above 28years, there is no minimum age limit for JRF.

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

For Lectureship:-

There is no age limits for Lectureship.

Exam pattern:-

More information please visit below website

www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

Best of luck.
3rd August 2013, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

what is the benifit of writing SET and NET exam
4th August 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I have done msc in botany which subject I should choose for csir ugc net exam 2013
5th August 2013, 10:59 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not appear for the National Eligibility Test at least for now. As mentioned in the question, you are currently in the first year of post graduation. To apply for the National Eligibility Test you should be in final year.

Before that you will not be allowed to apply for the National Eligibility Test. You must wait to be eligible for the exam.

There are some things to keep in mind when applying for the National Eligibility Test before completing post graduation.

You must be sure of meeting the percentage criteria after final examination. In case you cleared the National Eligibility Test but failed to meet percentage in master's degree then the University Grants Commission will disqualify you.

Similarly you should be confident of submitting the post graduation degree within 2 years of clearing National Eligibility Test. Again if you failed to do so, the result will be disqualifiction.

So be careful when applying for the National Eligibility Test during the final year of post graduation. For complete details about the eligibility criteria, please see below.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be Indian national.

2. Your qualification should be at least post graduation.

3. Must have obtained 55 percent marks in qualifying course.

4. There is 5% relaxation for SC and ST.

5. No marks relaxation for OBC is given.

6. As mentioned earlier Final year students may also apply.

7. The subject for NET will depend on your post graduation degree.

8. Those interested in JRF should apply for exam before turning 28 years old.

9. Although there is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

10. While SC and ST is entitled for 5 years relaxation.

11. There is no upper age limit to apply for lectureship.
5th August 2013, 11:33 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monishajithin View Post
Respected sir, i am a msc |st sem student in botany. Can i appear the ugc net exam of this year? Is there any questions from subsidiary subjects of botany ?

Dear Aspirant,

As you have mention that you are in the 1st sem. in M.SC Botany then being the first year student you can not apply for the NET examination......

You are become eligible for this exam after completing your Master of Science OR being a final year candidate only......

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.

This exam is conducted by University Grant Commission twice time in year..

This exam is conducted for two post:
(1). JRF and
(2). Lecturer Post.
For testing the the Indian Candidate on the base of eligibility for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer post in the Indian Universities and Colleges........

Educational Qualification:-

>> A candidate after completing their Post Graduation degree in any Discipline or Master Degree in any field from UGC Recognized Universities can apply for this exam........

>> A candidate must have secure at least 55% in their PG. Relaxation for SC/ST applicable on percentages that is 50% applicable.....

Age Criteria:-

~~ For The JRF Post maximum age should not exists 28 years.
~~ For Lecturer post No Age Limit.
~~ Relaxation for OBC/SC/ST up to 5 years on upper age applicable.

Quote:
" So, first of all complete your M.Sc or while pursuing the final year of your master degree you can apply for it......"

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
7th August 2013, 02:11 PM
chikkykranthi619

Hello friend

Candidates who have Master of Science OR being a final year candidate only will be eligible for the exam but as for now you are not eligible for the exam since you are in first year only.
So, try to apply only after completing your studying.

Then you check whether you are eligible for the exam because if you are a general or an obc candidate then you must have a minimum of 55% and relaxation of 5% is there for only sc/st.So, they can have 50% also.

For Junior Research Fellowship :
Not more than 28 years for general candidate but
coming to the obc's , they have age relaxation of 3 years
relaxation for SC/ST is 5 years of relaxation.

There is no age limits for Lectureship.So, you can choose any of them.

If your percentage is less then go for Lectureship if not choose Junior Research Fellowship.
7th January 2014, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Can M. Sc. BioTech candidates appear in UGC NET for Environmental Science?
14th December 2014, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

if any student complete his 2nd semester before the commencement of the NET exam but he applied for the same before he complete his 2nd semester for the same NET exam. is he eligible for the exam. if he fulfills the percentage criteria
4th October 2015, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

I had appeared for net and jrf when I was in first year of mcom and I passed both the above tests will the result be valid
4th November 2015, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared UGC NET June 2014 after giving M.Sc. 2nd semester exams in may 2014. Is my e- certificate is valid if I will complete my M.Sc. in 2016 with 55%?
4th November 2015, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared UGC NET June 20145after giving M.Sc 2nd semester exams in may 2015. Is my e- certificate is valid if I will complete my M.Sc. in 2016 with 55%?
11th March 2016, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

I cleared net in June 2015. I had just passed the second semester by then. So will my result be valid?
1st January 2017, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared set may 2016 after giving M.Sc 2nd semester exams in april 2016. Is my certificate is valid if I will complete my M.Sc. in 2017 with 55%?
12th January 2017, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UGC NET in Environmental Science after having M.Sc. in Biotechnology
18th July 2017, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done M. SC in biotechnology and have qualified NET in life sciences if now I do M. Sc in botany will I have to clear NET again.
24th March 2018, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I had completed M.Sc in Botany then from which subject i can appear in UGC net exam because botany is not given in subject choice.
15th July 2019, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir now i am in msc zoology 3rd semester can i apply for ugc net exam in upcoming December 2019
31st December 2019, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/maam, I am pursuing MAH from ignou. Am I eligible for NET? And what if I clear the entrance in my first attempt?
9th May 2021, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i am second semester student , am i eligible for net
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?