30th May 2019, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDs exam after completing my graduation in B.Sc Zoology?

I want to know that whether am I eligible to apply for CDs after completing Intermediate from Science stream with Science subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology?

3rd June 2019, 12:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDs exam after completing my graduation in B.Sc Zoology?

Having completed your graduation (B.Sc.) in Zoology and Class 12th with PCB group, as per your educational qualification, you are eligible for appearing in CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) examination for joining its IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) and OTA ( Officer's Training Academy ) wings.

Further, for joining IMA, you need to have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 20 years to 24 years while for joining OTA, your age need to lie within 20 years to 25 years. Also, you need to have the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd June 2019, 09:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDs exam after completing my graduation in B.Sc Zoology?

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and same has four wings which includes Naval Academy (NA), Air Force Academy (AFA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), and Officer's Training Academy (OTA) for joining one needs to qualify CDS entrance examination held twice every year by UPSC.

Now, as you have not opted for Mathematics at your Class 12th level, so you are not eligible to join NA and AFA wings of CDS while for other two wings of CDS, you must hold following qualifications :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years in case of IMA while it must lie within 20 years to 25 years in case of OTA.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more detailed information regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd June 2019, 11:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CDS is Combined Defence Service. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 19-25 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination after 12th.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?