11th February 2019, 07:31 PM
nithya mahesh

Can I apply for CTET without D.Ed or B.Ed?

I have completed my Post Graduation with good percentage. I did not have either D.Ed or B.Ed. Can I apply for CTET without D.Ed or B.Ed? Or, having any of these two is compulsory?

14th February 2019, 12:03 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET without D.Ed or B.Ed?

The first thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) or any other TETs, a teacher training degree course such as D.Ed, D.El.Ed, B.Ed, or equivalent course is required for must along with the regular academic degree courses such as intermediate or graduation or post graduation degree.

So, having completed your Post graduation degree course but not possessing a teacher training degree course, you are not eligible to apply for CTET unless you opt for the same.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
14th February 2019, 10:51 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with D.Ed or B.Ed qualification are not eligible to appear for CTET.

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is conducted by CBSE for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

The minimum required qualification to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th or higher course with D.Ed or B.Ed from a recognised institute.

No, age limit to appear for the examination.

So, you have to pursue any one of the B.Ed or D.Ed course to appear in the examination.
14th February 2019, 03:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Eligibility Entrance Test. It is conducted by NTA for recruitment as teacher in government school.

The minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have D.Ed or B.Ed qualification.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination, if you do not possess one of the required degree.
14th February 2019, 04:51 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge it is compulsory to have a B.Ed or D.Ed or D.El.Ed degree to be eligible to CTET entrance examination.
After completing post-graduation you are eligible for the post of Lecturer. But for CTET it is compulsory to have B.Ed or D.Ed degree.
14th February 2019, 07:22 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must have completed any of these courses to apply for CTET are:-
D.Ed
D.El.Ed
B.Ed
B.El.Ed
B.P.Ed

If you have not done any of these courses, then you cannot apply for CTET examination.
14th February 2019, 08:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for CTET examination without B.Ed or D.Ed course.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination without having the required qualification. After having the required qualification, you will become eligible to appear in the examination.
15th February 2019, 01:04 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

** Any candidate having qualified B.Ed. Programme recognized by the NCTE is eligible to appear in TET/CTET. ... You can not apply without a B Ed . But you can attempt for this exam if you are doing B Ed currently.
**Yes, you will be eligible to appear for CTET entrance examination without B.Ed degree. The other option to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed minimum 12th from a recognised board with Diploma in Education degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?