5th November 2018, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MBBS having passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

Sir, I want to go in medical field and I have completed my 12th class with PCM. And I am doing B.Tech Civil Engineering from. Govt college. Now I want to go in medical field and for it I want to give 12th examination with PCB. Is it true?If yes, then am I eligible for it? I want to crack AIIMS.

11th November 2018, 12:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MBBS having passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is a professional undergraduate degree course after completing which one head towards becoming a doctor.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue MBBS degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with PCM group, in order to pursue MBBS degree course from AIIMS, you need to first complete your Class 12th once again but with PCB group this time with at least 60% marks ( or 50% marks in case you belong SC/ST/ PH/PwD category ) and then you need to qualify AIIMS MBBS entrance examination held once every year.

For details regarding AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.aiimsexams.org.
11th November 2018, 06:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MBBS having passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

NEET is conducted for admission in MBBS course. It is conducted by NTA. The application form is available now.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper.

The minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, candidates without having PCB as main paper are not eligible to appear in the examination.
12th November 2018, 09:06 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course.

The eligibility criteria for MBBS course:

1. You must have done 12th from a recognized board. Your subjects in 12th must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You will have to pass 12th with PCB subjects to become eligible for NEET or AIIMS entrance exam.

2. The age limit is 17-25 years.

3. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?