15th March 2015, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study MBBS if pursuing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

Hello,
I am studying in 12th standard now.
I am interested in doing MBBS.
But I did not study Biology in Higher Secondary.
I have studies Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
So is this possible for me or not?

16th March 2015, 03:43 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to study MBBS if pursuing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

No, it is not possible to do your MMBS from regular MBBS college as the eligibility criteria of every medical college says that you should have minimum 50% in your Physics, Biology,Chemistry and English. But if you pursue your course from any other open colleges than you might get admission in that college.
16th March 2015, 03:47 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study MBBS if pursuing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

No, you are not eligible to Pursue MBBS course. That's because candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are only eligible to pursue MBBS course. But, you are a candidate, who has pursuing 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. So, it is not possible for you to get admission in MBBS course.
16th March 2015, 07:05 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say but in order to pursue any course in Medical field, specially MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, etc. the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects in +2 level of examination.

However, as you have not studied Biology as your main subject in +2 level, therefore I am sorry to say that you are not considered eligible for courses in Medical Science.
22nd March 2015, 11:33 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Sorry to say that but you are not eligible for MBBS from the top colleges , because for getting admission in good college you need to crack AIPMT - All India Pre Medical Test , but in this test , they ask question of biology , Physics and chemistry and you don't know anything in Biology then how you can crack AIPMT Exam ,
If you really wanna to go for MBBS then you have only option , that is PRIVATE COLLEGE , they will surely gave you admission in their college, sI would like to suggests you go in a college which one affiliates from a reputed and recognized University
25th March 2015, 08:52 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of science .

No it is not possible to study MBBS after pursuing 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics because for this course you must have done your 12th with Biology .

Friend as you are still studying in 12th so you have a chance for going for 12th with Biology instead of Mathematics because the final registration for 12th board examination is done in the month of August or September .

So hurry up and contact your school management for the correction in your registration.
31st March 2015, 03:51 PM
SmilyRishu

No it is not possible to pursue MBBS after completing your higher secondary education with Physics, chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.

For getting admission for MBBS you have to study Biology in 11th standard and 12th standard. after that you have to appear in AIPMT entrance exam and has to score good rank.

If you score good marks in the entrance then you will easily got well reputed college for further study.

Thank you.
3rd April 2015, 02:11 AM
amanshrivastava98

No, as per the norms of the Medical Education Council of India, The subject criteria for a student seeking admission in the MBBS is that the candidate should have passed the higher secondary examination successfully from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects.

Being a Mathematics student you would not get admitted into the MBBS.
5th April 2015, 12:04 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ).

Sorry , to say that as a student of Physics ,Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th without Biology. You cannot apply or join any medical college for the MBBS course .

The eligibility criteria is candidates must have PCB and English with at least 50% aggregate only can apply for it .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?