9th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th with physics, chemistry and maths

can i apply for merchant navy after passing 12 with physics chemistry and maths

11th May 2015, 11:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th with physics, chemistry and maths

Yes you can definitely apply for Merchant Navy after passing your 12th Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics but for this you have to compete for National Defense Academy examinations conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year once in the month of April called as NDA I and other in the month of September called as NDA II generally .

Apart from the educational qualification of yours you are required to have few basic qualifications too for appearing in this examination which are as below :-

* You must have the nationality of India .

* You must be an unmarried male candidate .

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

* Your higher secondary degree must be from a recognized board with mentioned subjects .

* You are required to be mentally and physically fit as per the requirement of service .

The examination will be conducted into two steps out of which the first step is called written examination and other step is called as the Service Selection Board interview for which you will be eligible if you clear the step first .

For notifications , filling of application forms and other details log on to the official link of upsc called as the www.upsc.gov.in .
12th May 2015, 02:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th with physics, chemistry and maths

Yes you are eligible for the merchant navy after your 10+2. The eligibility criteria for the NDA examination conducted by CBSE are as :-
* Candidates must have passed 10+2 or pursuing in it are eligible.
* Candidates age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Candidates must have PCM as main subjects for board.

So you are eligible for the examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as:-
Written.
SSB.

The written examination is conducted of 900 marks. The questions of examination are of Mathematics and General Science. There is procedure of negative marking also.

Only candidates who qualifies in the written are eligible for the SSB. It is among the toughest interview. The candidates qualify the examination are given the training and finally joins Indian Defence in any of the three wings according to there choice and performance im the test.

For more information check at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th May 2015, 09:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply for merchant navy after passing 12 with physics chemistry and maths
Yes, you can apply for Merchant Navy exam.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?