17th August 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NTPC being a candidate having cleared GATE Exam and scored 64.8% of marks in B.Tech course?

can i apply for NTPC after clearing my gate exam,with 64.8 percentage in b.tech[IT]?????

11th June 2015, 06:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NTPC being a candidate having cleared GATE Exam and scored 64.8% of marks in B.Tech course?

Yes,you can apply for the NTPC for Executive Trainees (ET) post on the basis of GATE result .For that you have to apply for the NTPC through its official website with your GATE registration number.NTPC shortlist the candidates on the basis of their GATE score card and makes final Selection on the basis of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

The qualification required to apply for the NTPC is B.Tech/B.E. degree with at least 65% marks .

The candidate must have pursued their degree in any one of the following engineering branch

Electrical Engineering

Electronics Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Instrumentation Engineering.

The candidate age should be not more than 27 years .However,there is relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the rules of the Govt.
11th June 2015, 09:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NTPC being a candidate having cleared GATE Exam and scored 64.8% of marks in B.Tech course?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. This exam is organized by the Indian Institute of Technology.

Yes, you can apply for the National Thermal Power Corporation after clearing GATE and scoring 64.8 % in Bachelor of technology.

But let me tell you that NTPC is one of the top Public Sector Undertakings, so clearing GATE will not help in getting selected in NTPC, you will only become eligible to apply.

Top rankers upto 500 ranks general category are called for further recruitment process like Group Discussion and personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?