14th December 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exam while in final year graduation at an age of 33(OBC category)?

if i am in final year of graduation on age of 33 with obc catagory can i apply for upsc exam

15th December 2011, 10:33 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam while in final year graduation at an age of 33(OBC category)?

As per educational qualification you are eligible for the exam but your date of birth
may not be appropriate.

If you have not yet completed 33 years then you might be eligible for the exam
but if you have already completed 33 years then you are not at all eligible for
UPSC examination.

The exact cut-off date of birth shall be known only after the advertisement of the
exam is published.

According to the eligibility criteria of Civil Service 2011 examination the the cut of
date of births for OBC candidates (NC layer) was 2nd August 1978 to 1st August 1990.
Similar, cutoff date of births (+ 2years) shall be the eligibility criteria of
Civil Services Examination 2012.

The notification of Civil Services Examination 2012 shall be published on 31st Dec 2011.
Refer to advertisement to check you eligibility.
15th December 2011, 10:40 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam while in final year graduation at an age of 33(OBC category)?

dear friend,

Age Limit:

Minimum Age: 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

Maximum Age: 30 for OC, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

If you crossed the age 33 then you will not be eligible but if not then you are surely eligible. A notice will be published in the last week of December,2011.There you can verify whether you are eligible or not.

good luck.
15th December 2011, 11:02 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
The eligibility criteria for UPSC exam are as follows........

The normal age limit is 21- 30 yrs .
there is a relaxation for reserve category ..
If you have not completed 33 yrs then you can apply for this exam.

Good luck...........
15th December 2011, 11:22 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
Yes, you are eligble for UPSC exam
Criteria :-

8CAndidate pass graduation
AGE- 21 to 30 years
7 years relax for SC/ST candidate
5 years relax for OBC candidate

www.upsc.gov.in
15th December 2011, 11:31 PM
prashant more

As per educational qualification you are eligible for the exam but your date of birth
may not be appropriate.

If you have not yet completed 33 years then you might be eligible for the exam
but if you have already completed 33 years then you are not at all eligible for
UPSC examination.

The exact cut-off date of birth shall be known only after the advertisement of the
exam is published.

According to the eligibility criteria of Civil Service 2011 examination the the cut of
date of births for OBC candidates (NC layer) was 2nd August 1978 to 1st August 1990.
Similar, cutoff date of births (+ 2years) shall be the eligibility criteria of
Civil Services Examination 2012.

The notification of Civil Services Examination 2012 shall be published on 31st Dec 2011.
Refer to advertisement to check you eligibility.
15th December 2011, 11:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i am in final year of graduation on age of 33 with obc catagory can i apply for upsc exam
This is your last year for UPSC exam so this year you are eligible for UPSC exam.

DETAILS ABOUT UPSC EXAM

There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates
16th December 2011, 09:17 AM
tejesh_09

The UPSC exam like Civil Service exam, CDS, etc. can be given by any graduate within the age group of 21 to 30 years of age, there upper age relaxation up to 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category candidate.

You may be eligible for UPSC conducted exam if you have not crossed 33 years of age at the time of notification for the exam.

The notification for UPSC Civil Service exam will be out on 31.12.2011 which you can cheque. You may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
16th December 2011, 09:36 AM
bishnu_g

SORRY YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE ..THERE MAY BE SOME RELAXATION IN SOME UPSC eXAM FOR UPSC EXAM ... visit uosc.gov.in for more details
BEST WISHES
16th December 2011, 12:05 PM
sowmyaashree

As per the eligibility criteria given by UPSC you are eligible because you are a graduate and the age limit is 30 years but there is relaxation under different catergory. You belongs to OBC so you will have three years relaxation if only you have not completed 33years at the time of notification.
The notification for UPSC may be given in the month of Feb 2012 and the preliminary exam may be in the month of May 2012.
As you are in the borderline for the age limit to take up examination you can please check up for the notification in the month of Jan / Feb 2012 in employment news paper.
Hope for the best.
16th December 2011, 08:42 PM
why this kolaveri di

hello friend,
UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
It conducts civil service exams in every year.

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC:-

**Educational qualification is Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.
**There is NO minimum Percentage criteria is required.

Age limit:-

---for General 21 to 30years.
---for BC 21 to 33years.
---for Sc/st 21 to 35years.

Number of Attempts:-

General 4 times
BC 7 times
Sc/st No limit

If you fulfill the eligibility criteria,you apply to UPSC exams.

prepare well
all the best.........
20th April 2019, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

Hello, i am in my graduation final year. Can i apply for upsc because i have to re exam some papers in my graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?