14th September 2021, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I became professor in private collage without giving SET exam?

My self Leena Pravin Gargote. I have passed Mcom with 53.50%. So I am not eligible to give set exam. Still I want to became professor. Can I became professor in private collages ?? My age is 32 years.

15th September 2021, 09:46 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I became professor in private collage without giving SET exam?

NET- National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by UGC (University Grant Commission). The candidate should have Master's Degree with at least 55% Marks from a recognised University to qualify this examination. After qualifying this examination, the candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor.
15th September 2021, 09:54 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

NO, without a NET / SET or equivalent qualification (in the subjects the exams are held) you can not register for PhD in India. If your PhD is from abroad then you need to have the NET lecturership qualification to teach in any college in India.
15th September 2021, 10:07 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I become a professor in a private college without giving the NET exam?

As per UGC norms, NET examination is mandatory to teach in colleges and universities. As per UGC norms, NET examination is mandatory to teach in colleges and universities. However, there are private colleges who hire non NET candidate on consolidated pay.
15th September 2021, 10:15 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Yes, you can.
++
In state run colleges and universities, SET or SLET is considered as an alternative for NET. Clearing it will make you eligible for lectureship there.
++
For universities though, the rules are different. If you registered for your PhD or finished it before 2009, you don’t need to appear for NET. Your PhD degree will be considered in lieu of NET.
++
If you have registered for PhD after 2009, the following conditions must be satisfied in order to seek exemption from NET:
16th September 2021, 11:25 PM
Minal F

No,

Candidates must have a master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

Exam Required to become a professor:-

NET
GATE
SLET
CSIR NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?