3rd July 2021, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I become Airport customs officer after completion of 12th standard?

Good afternoon sir, How can I become a airport customs officer after my completion of 12th standard as I have passed my intermediate from 70% of grades ?

3rd July 2021, 11:04 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Airport customs officer after completion of 12th standard?

°°° You are not eligible to apply for the post of Airport Custom Officer after completion of 12th standard because minimum education qualification required is graduation in any stream from a recognised University. Then you will have to write UPSC CSE exam with your preference as Indian revenue service ( customs and Central Excise).

Customs department is one of the two main text collective departments of the government whose function is divided into two broad areas:

The control of imported and exported goods for the purpose of Duty, statistics and check for entry of prohibited and restricted goods specially smuggled drugs.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years. However, age relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category students as per the government norms.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th July 2021, 09:08 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Airport customs officer after completion of 12th standard?

Custom officer is recruited after qualifying in Civil Service Examination.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years relaxation for reserved category.

For detail information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th July 2021, 10:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- It is not possible for you to to become an Airport Custom Officer just after passing 12th standard because the minimum educational qualification required for this post in any discipline from a recognised University.

--- You will have to finish graduation from any university recognised by government of India and then you will have to write Union Public Service Commission exam and there you will have to to give your preference for Indian revenue service.
5th July 2021, 08:38 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To become a custom officer you will have to take the civil service examination which provides entry into 27 different services including the Indian customs and Central excise services.

Customs department is one of the two main tax collecting departments of the government whose function is a divided into two broad areas.

To control of imported and exported goods for the purpose of duty, statistics and checks for entry of prohibited and restricted goods specially smuggled drugs.

So, the minimum educational requirement for civil services examination is graduation degree in any stream from a recognised University.
5th July 2021, 01:52 PM
periwinkle09876

Eligibility to become an Airport Customs Officer

Graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks from a recognised educational institution is the basic qualification required to become an airport Custom Officer and the selection of eligible candidates to this post is carried out through civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years and candidates belonging to the reserved categories can expect relaxation in upper age limit according to the rules of government.

Official website of UPSC
http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th July 2021, 05:06 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You have to apply for Civil Service Examination to become a Customs Officer. This exam is conducted by UPSC. After clearing this exam you can enter into many services including the Indian customs and Central Excise services. There are two parts in this exam. The first one is a preliminary exam and the second one is the main exam.

The eligibility for appearing for this exam is to have completed graduation from any recognised University.

The minimum age required for applying for this exam is to be above 19 years of age. You should obtain a minimum of 55% marks to appear for this exam. Many prominent periodicals, leading newspaper and official websites notify about this exam.
6th July 2021, 08:01 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't. Just after passing class 12th, you cannot join as Customs Officer. So, complete your Graduation and than apply for the Customs officers exams. To get more details about Airport customs officer job you can google it.
6th July 2021, 10:22 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility required to apply for Airport customs officer is mentioned below:-

1)You must have completed bachelor's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
2)You should have attained the age of 21 years as of the year of application.
3)You should not have used any kind of drugs or alcoholic substances.
4)You should be mentally and physically fit.
7th July 2021, 12:03 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to become Airport Customs Officer:

The basic eligibility criteria required to become Airport Customs Officer is as follows,

Educational Qualification:

@ Candidates must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

@ The minimum percentage required in qualifying examination is 55% marks.

>> Hence, as you have completed 12th Class, I suggest you to pursue Graduation in order to be eligible.

@ The minimum age required is 18 years and must be Indian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?