17th April 2018, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a Lecturer with 38% in BA and 46% in 12th being an MA(English) candidate of IGNOU?

Hello everyone, I have got 38% marks in BA. Now I am continuing MA in English from IGNOU. My 12th score is 46%. I am from General catagory. Can I get Lectureship after my MA course?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study BCA in IGNOU? Whether IGNOU offered placement to BCA candidate? Scope of doing BCA in IGNOU?
  2. Can I do Ph.D through IGNOU while working as a lecturer with 7 years teaching experience?
  3. Can I become a Lecturer with 38% in BA and 46% in 12th being an MA(English) candidate of IGNOU?
  4. Is Distance Course at IGNOU approved by AICTE? Will I be eligible for lecturer post in engineering colleges after finishing MBA distance at IGNOU? Can I do Ph.D in Management after MBA distance from IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. M.Phil from IGNOU is sufficient for Lecturer post?
  6. Eligibility to get BCom admission in IGNOU for a candidate with 41% in 12th Commerce?
  7. Detailed information about Diploma courses available to study for female candidate in IGNOU on 12th basis?
  8. Am I eligible for lecture post in polytecnic colleges after completion of electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  9. Procedure to get admission to study B.Com in IGNOU for a candidate who has 4 years of worked experience after 12th?
  10. MA History from IGNOU along with NPTT course is a good option?
  11. Eligibility to become a Lecturer for MPhil(English) student who has secured 48% in 12th? -- [New]
  12. Is it possible to pursue M.Ed from Distance Education after BTC without completing B.Ed?
  13. Is it possible to do Ph.D from IGNOU?
  14. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  15. Eligibility of doing Bachelors in banking and insurance while pursuing B.Com?
  16. Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?
  17. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission to do Ph.D via IGNOU?
  18. Can i take admission in 12th in IGNOU after failing in three subjects?
22nd April 2018, 11:01 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: Can I become a Lecturer with 38% in BA and 46% in 12th being an MA(English) candidate of IGNOU?

Yes, you can get Lectureship after the completion of your M.A course if you clear the NET(National Eligibility Test) which is conducted two times every year. And the educational qualification required to apply for this exam is master degree with 55% of marks for General category candidates and 50% of marks for other categories. So, you must secure minimum of 50% of marks in your M.A course. And also there is age limit constraint for Lectureship after the NET examination. So, if you clear this exam, you will get Lectureship.
22nd April 2018, 04:28 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a Lecturer with 38% in BA and 46% in 12th being an MA(English) candidate of IGNOU?

You can apply for Lectureship after completing your Master's Degree with at least 55% aggregate from any recognized university otherwise not.

Eligibility criteria to become a Lecturer are:-
To become a Lecturer, one should hold at least Master’s degree in any of the relevant subject with at least 55% aggregate. Higher Qualifications are always preferred.
23rd April 2018, 08:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University. The degree obtained from IGNOU is valid for CBSE NET exam for Lectureship.

Eligibility criteria for National Eligibility Test:

1. You must have done master's degree from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

2. You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to apply for NET.

Your percentage of marks in 12th and bachelor's degree does not matter for NET examination. You will be eligible for exam in final year of M.A in English.
24th April 2018, 12:18 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become lecturer in government college you have to appear and qualify for NET examination conducted by CBSE under the guidelines of UGC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% in master degree.

There is no age limit to appear for examination.

So, you will be eligible to apply for examination after master degree.
24th April 2018, 02:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates completed master degree or in the final semester are eligible to appear for NET examination.

It is compulsory to have minimum 55% in master degree to appear for examination, there is relaxation for reserved category.

There is no age limitation to appear for examination. So, start preparing for NET examination and to improve your aggregate in master degree.

For more detail about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
24th April 2018, 07:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For becoming a lecturer i.e; assistant professor in any recognized college you need to qualify NET (National Eligibility Test )/SET ( State Eligibility Test ).

Further, the minimum requirement for appearing in NET/SET the minimum education required is a master degree course in concerned subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

As far as you are concerned about your low marks at your Class 12th level and BA degree affecting your eligibility for becoming NET/SET then for your information I would like to let you know that for becoming lecturer only marks in master degree is considered.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?