20th April 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D through IGNOU while working as a lecturer with 7 years teaching experience?

Professionally I am a lecturer attached with a college in West Bengal. I have 7 years of teaching experience. Can I join PhD programs in IGNOU? What is the procedure & how much time it will take to complete? With regards. Nibedita Karmakar

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Ed in IGNOU if completed M.A.(Economics) and DECE from IGNOU having 4 years of Teaching experience?
  2. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after 7 years of software development experience?
  3. How can I get direct admission to study PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc and working as a Lecturer?
  4. Possibility to study PhD in English Language in IGNOU for a B.Ed graduate who has 20 years of Teaching experience?
  5. B.Ed from IGNOU after completing M.Com with 2 years of teaching experience in Cambridge and working in Vag Devi School?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU with 6 years of work experience?
  7. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  8. How is M.C.A. qualification with 12 years experience for College/University Teaching/IT manager?
  9. Can I apply for correspondence PhD in Maths programme in Tamil Nadu or Kerala if completed M.Phil from Madras University being a lecturer?
  10. Information about part time PhD in Mathematics for person working as Guest Lecturer for Maths?
  11. How to get job of a lecturer in private polytechnic after B.E degree?
  12. Procedure followed to do Ph.D History in distance mode while working as a high school teacher?
  13. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission to do Ph.D via IGNOU?
  14. Eligibility for the post of assistant professor? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can I get admission in IGNOU for PhD in Management having 10 years of work experience?
  16. What are the suitable government jobs for MCA and ME graduates?
  17. Can I clear JRF and do PhD at the age of 32 years having 10 years of Teaching experience?
  18. Can I do PhD in IGNOU if completed MCA? Is PhD program of IGNOU has any value?
22nd April 2017, 05:24 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D through IGNOU while working as a lecturer with 7 years teaching experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Professionally I am a lecturer attached with a college in West Bengal. I have 7 years of teaching experience. Can I join PhD programs in IGNOU? What is the procedure & how much time it will take to complete? With regards. Nibedita Karmakar

Yes, you can do PhD through IGNOU while working as a Lecturer with 7 years teaching experience. Those who have passed Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible to do PhD in IGNOU. Candidates with at least five years of teaching experience may be exempted from appearing in the (PhD) Entrance Examination conducted by IGNOU. You have to appear for an interview for taking admission to PhD program in IGNOU. The IGNOU Handbook & Prospectus – PhD / MPhil PDF link is given below
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Student_Handbook_&_Prospectus.pdf(989.1 KB, 200 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?