27th April 2015, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to follow for getting admission to do Ph.D via IGNOU?

I am working as lecturer since 7 years and i want to pursue my phd (correspondence) at IGNOU.

Please give me the needful information. What is the procedure I need to follow up for the same? I want to ensure to get course enrolled for me soon. Thank you!

28th April 2015, 03:27 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting admission to do Ph.D via IGNOU?

You can pursue PhD course from IGNOU as you already know that, it is an open university available for all candidates/ students who are unable to attend daily classes and due to its recognition, this university is valid enough and degrees/ certificates of this university are accepted all over the world so you must get admission in PhD course.

To apply for admission in PhD course, you need to have a master's degree in the discipline with at least 55% marks with which, you want to pursue PhD course.

Candidate should also have completed M.Phil in the relevant discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks.

Relaxation of 05% marks is given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category

Minimum duration of this course is 02 years and maximum duration is 05 years.'

There is no age limit to pursue the course means you can pursue and complete at any stage of the age.

You have completed a master's degree but if you have M.Phil course degree/certificate then you can apply for admission and may get admission directly.

If you have not completed M.Phil then you must go for M.Phil course and complete it then apply for admission.

If you will complete PhD then you can directly become Assistant Professor in government college and enhance your career opportunities because if a candidate do not have PhD then he/she is required to qualify NET/SET test but if completes PhD then qualifying in these tests is not compulsory that is why just focus on this course and complete.

After completion of PhD and gaining 5 years of teaching experience, you can apply to become professor in the college because you have already got 7 years of teaching experience and you will also add 5 years in your experience after PhD then you can grow your career in teaching field easily.
28th April 2015, 08:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting admission to do Ph.D via IGNOU?

For admission in Ph.D from IGNOU you must have a Master's degree with at least 55% mark in the respective discipline. If one belong belong to reserved category then he will get 5% relaxation in marks. Admission is mostly based on merit and you need to have scores like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE if you want to get admission without any entrance exam. Those with more that 5 years of professional experience or M.Phil degree are also exempted from entrance exam for Ph.D admission. Hence, you can apply according to your qualification when the notification is released.

You have to just apply when the notification is released for the Ph.D admission on a prescribed application format. You have to entrance exam and interview before getting enrolled into the Ph.D program. You have to score good marks in these two stage if you want to get selected. Also, you have to choose a topic for your research work with a detailed synopsis and get it approved by your Ph.D guide before starting your research work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?