15th July 2011, 03:49 AM
nitisha mahajan

Can I change to other subject in M.Tech after completing B.E. in Computer Science branch?

after completed B.E. in computer science branch, can i change subject in M.Tech mean other than computer stream?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I change to other subject in M.Tech after completing B.E. in Computer Science branch?
  2. TANCET self financing colleges having MTech courses for Computer Science branch
  3. Which branch should I choose in M.Tech after completing B.Tech in Computer Science stream?
  4. Can I change my branch in Diploma engineering or in B.E. after completing Diploma engineering?
  5. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  6. Score required in XAT for admission to XLRI? Any quota for ST students? Course fee in XLRI?
  7. How to get admission in B.Tech 3rd semester after completing diploma in computer science? What is the
  8. How can I change my branch from Electronic and telecommunication to computer science and engineering? I'm in 1st year
  9. How may I change my subjects from Computer Science to Physical Education? I'm having eye disease so I can't work on Computer system for a long time
  10. Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?
  11. How much salary is offered after completing BSc computer science? How much is the salary with M.Tech and without M.Tech?
  12. Can I change the branch after completing diploma in computer engineering to instrumentation engineering?
  13. Can I change my subject in science stream?
  14. Procedure to change subject in 12th standard to Mathematics from Computer? -- [New]
  15. Optional subjects related to B.E computer science branch?
  16. Procedure to change from ISE to Mechanical branch?
  17. Branch change during diploma to degree transfer?
  18. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
15th July 2011, 10:43 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change to other subject in M.Tech after completing B.E. in Computer Science branch?

hi dear
yes you do.

but some limted branch you able to change this.

because in last 2 years

decide every branch student do MASTER degree other branch .......
15th July 2011, 11:02 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change to other subject in M.Tech after completing B.E. in Computer Science branch?

you can change your subject in M.Tech bur subject must be computer science related. after completion of B.E in computer science you can not not choose subject for M.Tech from mechanical engineering or from civil engineering.

if you think that you are not well in computer programming or you are not well in computer subject then you choose some subject other than computer like you may do M.Tech in networking related subject. also you may get chance to do M.Tech in digital electronics or control system etc. means you have to choose subject what you have studied.

there are also some subject for which any B.E from any stream are eligible for M.Tech like water resource and other. but i don't think it will a good idea to do M.Tech in different branch subject after completion of B.E from computer science. you should choose subject for M.Tech from your B.E stream then it will be easy for you to learn that subject and also you will be more successful on that.

best of luck.
15th July 2011, 11:30 AM
sureshcbe
Member+

Yes you can switch to other courses such as VLSI, Biomedical Engineering,mechatronics,remote sensing,agriculture

But its not a good idea to switch to other other departments courses, It will create many problems in your future interviews.

If you dont like CSE, you can choose networking,communication
15th July 2011, 12:21 PM
mkaushalp

yes, you can go with other stream in mtech level, if you are preparing for gate exam , then choose the syllabus for which you want to do mtech in. say mechnical engg , electrical engg or electronic engg. prepare according to its syllabus. you may feel akward initially having different subject, so you should join some coaching institution where you can grab the new subject concept easily.
best of luck........
15th July 2011, 06:33 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can change your stream..
But doing M.tech means master degree.. So if you don't have any vast knowledge about a subject then how can you do master degree on that subject..
That is why you have to choose a related stream ..
You can do M.tech in Digital electronics, Networking, Coding etc..
Now you decide what you want to do..
My suggestion will be to go for your own stream in which you have done your B.tech...
otherwise don't go for M.tech, you can go for different field like - MBA..
if you have interest in management field then go for it..

All the best..
15th July 2011, 06:41 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, after completing B.E. in Computer Science branch you can partially change subjects in M.Tech.

you can do M.Tech in Computer Science. apart from that you can also do in the given below subjects

1.VLSI design.

2.Embedded Systems and Architecture.

3. Computer Graphics, Vision and Multimedia.

4. Computer Networks and Distributed Systems

5. Algorithms and Complexity

6. Formal Methods in Software.

etc.

all the best...........
15th July 2011, 06:43 PM
Sagar Keshari

why to change line what you know get experience in your same field. and basically you can in to computer science or it and there are no other course for you. but you can in for merchant navy.
15th July 2011, 11:02 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

Yes you can change your subject in M.Tech bur subject must be computer science related. after completion of B.E in computer science you can not not choose subject for M.Tech from mechanical engineering or from civil engineering.

there are also some subject for which any B.E from any stream are eligible for M.Tech like water resource and other. but i don't think it will a good idea to do M.Tech in different branch subject after completion of B.E from computer science. you should choose subject for M.Tech from your B.E stream then it will be easy for you to learn that subject and also you will be more successful on that.
15th July 2011, 11:45 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
look there is a provision of changing the subject but you may take up a subjects in which you have studied in b.tech program
like after cse you may go for information technology
and that also not you are interested in then you may go for mca
or even mba
best of luck
22nd July 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I am from Electronics Instrumentation engineering (EIE) Can I do M.tech in Digital system and computer Electronics(DSCE).Is that it will be helpful in future for job or in Education career ,Please Reply it Asap.Thanking You.
16th August 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Can i take M.Tech in Computer science branch if i take information science engineering in B.E? Suggest me some M.Tech Branchs which can I opt?
18th September 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

hello every one ,i'm in be final year ( EEE ) branch , can i do mtech in vlsi branch ?
7th October 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

hello
i did be in cse,can i do mtech in core stream?
11th December 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I change to other subject in M.Tech after completing B.E. in Textile engineering branch?
22nd January 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO MY MTECH. IN CIVIL WHILE I AM COMPLETE MY BE IN CSE . . . . . ?
22nd March 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

m.tech(dsce)compled where i get the jobs?
28th March 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i completed my be in eie. can i take mtech in vlsi?
20th April 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

can i do jobs in software company after B.Tech textile?
22nd July 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can i choose mtech computer science after my btech in mechatronics?if i do so will there be any problem in future to enter google ,microsoft,etc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?