1st June 2011, 03:45 PM
dominicfrs

Optional subjects related to B.E computer science branch?

I am doimnic i want to be a IAS officer .I complet BE Computer Science Engineering .So what kind of optional subject will related to my branch ?Pleas tell me the subject name and Authors whom i want to follow..

Ragards & Thanks
Dominic anand.F

Related Questions:
  1. Can I opt for computer related subjects as an optional in prelims while doing CSE final year?
  2. which optional subjects are recommended to opt for computer science engineers?
  3. Optional subjects related to computer science?
  4. Which subjects can I take as optional for IAS exam while studying computer science?
  5. How to become an IAS officer after doing B.E in computer science?
  6. Which are the optional subjects that I can get after passing B.E in Computer Science?
  7. Can I take optional subjects from my Branch in B.Tech for preparation for Civil services? I'm studying in B.tech(ECE) 3rd year
  8. Which subjects can I choose as Optional for IAS Exam having completed CSE?
  9. How can I make Maths as my 4th subject (optional) in WBCHSE Board?
  10. IAS after B.Tech in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which Optional subjects should I choose after completion of BE in CSE?
  12. What are the optional subjects in 11th with Humanities?
  13. Use of Computer Technology in Diploma? Kind of jobs offered after Diploma in Computer Science and scope of further studies? -- [New]
  14. Which subjects are best to take as optional subjects in graduation?
  15. Can I appear for MPSC after completing BCA from Tilak Maharashtra University? What is the height requirement for MPSC?
  16. How should I prepare for the post of assistant stat officer if my optional subject in computer science? Related question papers for the same?
  17. Which optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background?
  18. Which subjects should I prefer as optional subjects for Civils?
22nd July 2011, 09:52 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Optional subjects related to B.E computer science branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicfrs View Post
I am doimnic i want to be a IAS officer .I complet BE Computer Science Engineering .So what kind of optional subject will related to my branch ?Pleas tell me the subject name and Authors whom i want to follow..
Ragards & Thanks
Dominic anand.F
Hello Dominic !!

Yeah we are here to help you out don't worry get relaxed read your answers for the posed questions.

Quote:
So what kind of optional subject will related to my branch
There are total of 25 optional subjects in these 25 . No subject is directly related to your subject(Computer science Engineering)

you have to select a subject like Mathematics and Geography in my opinion because you have learnt a lot of mathematics right from your KG To UG level so it will be not that difficult if you take up mathematics

and the other subject you can try for even Psychology or Public administration if interested .

See my dear, Here interest matter a lot than anything else and one more thing if you are interested in Engineering subject then you can take up Electronics or Electricals but risk will be there due to its depth of the subject they going to be asked in the examination.

This is all about your question hope you understood the situation if not once go through the official website of UPSC

Here's the link www.upsc.gov.in

A T B

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd July 2011, 10:35 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Optional subjects related to B.E computer science branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicfrs View Post

Ragards & Thanks
Dominic anand.F

It is depends upon on your interest,there is a twenty five options subjects and you can select any of subjects from the below list.But choose your subject according to your interest.The list of optional subjects in main examination.

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects :-
  1. General Studies
  2. Agriculture
  3. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  4. Botany
  5. Chemistry
  6. Civil Engineering
  7. Commerce
  8. Economics
  9. Electrical Engineering
  10. Geography
  11. Geology
  12. Indian History
  13. Law
  14. Mathematics
  15. Mechanical Engineering
  16. Medical Science
  17. Philosophy
  18. Physics
  19. Political Science
  20. Psychology
  21. Public Administration
  22. Sociology
  23. Statistics
  24. Zoology
  25. Anthropology

For more details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2011, 09:34 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

after complete your degree engg.

then you have prepare for IAS exam.

IAs optioanl subject is:--

# General Studies
# Essay
# English Qualifying
# Indian Languages
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology
23rd July 2011, 01:59 PM
rana2011
Banned

Dear , there are more than 15 subjects and you may choose any of the one from them as optional subjects.

But in my opinion you may Choose Mathamatics and History or Georaphy as optional.
because mathamatics is most of the scoring subjects and in history or georaphy if you write note clearly you may score more numbers.

Best of luck!
24th July 2011, 01:38 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Since you have Computer science, that means you have already formed a base on maths, physics, chemistry, because you are a science student...

So these three are the subjects that you have learned for the past 12 years in your life.

So the combinations that you can take are:

maths and physics, maths and chemistry, physics and chemistry.

But again it may happen that you are weak in any of those subjects since you have interest in computers mainly...in that case you can choose subjects like...geography, political science and international relations, medical science...which you may find interesting to read and learn.
I don't know about your interests, only you know that...

So remember one thing....

whatever background you have come from, it is not that you have to choose subjects from that background too.

You can choose subjects in which you have good knowledge, no matter whether it is your course subject or not.

Be confident what you choose...

You should those subjects in which you can score good marks.

those subjects which you love to learn and have very much interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?