29th March 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?

i have got a backlog in 1sem and not a good percentage also in btech i am in computer science branch .will my career good in this branch or i should change my branch to mechanical.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get mechanical forms from Civil in 2nd year of B.E?
  2. What are the ways to change the branch from Electronics and Telecom to CS if I have a backlog in 1st semester?
  3. Is it a barrier if having 2 backlogs in 1st semester of Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  4. How can I change my branch from Electronic and telecommunication to computer science and engineering? I'm in 1st year
  5. Am I eligible to attend HCL On-Campus Drive after clearing the 1st semester backlog? -- [New]
  6. Can I change my college during 1st semester of engineering? Which entrance exam to answer?
  7. Can i change my engineering stream after first year completion?
  8. Am I eligible for FCAT after doing B.Tech with computer science?
  9. Job in IT companies if have got 71.60% in 10th, 60.83% in 12th, 67.33% in BSc Computer Science and 1 backlog in 1st semester of MSc Computer Science?
  10. Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?
  11. Is it possible to change college after 1st year of engineering?
  12. Can I change my branch after 2nd semester in engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get scholarship having secured 73% in 1st semester of IS Engineering?
  14. Procedure to change from ISE to Mechanical branch?
  15. If I have a backlog in one subject can I change from Civil to Mechanical Engineering after 1st year?
  16. Is there any problem to get Student Visa for studying Abroad while having a backlog in B.Tech?
  17. To which branch should I change while in 1st year having maximum scope?
  18. Is it possible to get scholarship in doing PG course abroad when I have poor marks in UG?
29th March 2011, 04:20 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?

Hiiiiiiii,

YES, you can make your career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester.

because in each & every competitive exam complete degree requires.

Good Wishes
29th March 2011, 11:39 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?

after completion of only one semester you can not conclude that you are not suitable for computer engineering. in the first semester you have not face any computer subject. but you got backlog. so may be in other engineering also same thing may happen.

one backlog does not matter in career. you will clear it easily in next year after a good study. engineering is not so difficult. one hour study per day is sufficient to pass in the examination. so don't worry try to study daily.

also you can clear your engineering with low percentage till there are so many chances for you. just try to maintain at least minimum of 60% marks. if you are unable to maintain then also no problem. so many software company or IT company recruit engineer without any marks criterion. so you should not worry about that.

to change stream after first year is not so much easy. as you have got backlog then it's more difficult for you. may be after getting backlog it's not possible to change stream. till if you want to change your stream then contact with your university they will provide you details information about this.

best of luck.
30th March 2011, 12:25 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have got a backlog in 1sem and not a good percentage also in btech i am in computer science branch .will my career good in this branch or i should change my branch to mechanical.
Don't loose your hope my friend, you just have only one backlog so you can clear it easily.

-> Changing your branch is not at all good option, because you have to waste your money and time as well.

-> Just try to be positive and increase your interest in the subjects, just dont lose your hope, everyone are struggling in the subjects which they study in college its just you prepare and work hard for it.

-> As you are in computer science you have a large scope for future.

-> There are many companies which doesn't see the marks but only your performance, so study well and am sure if you do by now you can easily make up 60 % above by the end of 7 th sem..

All the Best..
30th March 2011, 01:02 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?

Quote:
Dear friend don't worry there is so many option in life any cause may be for backlog and low percentage.....................
30th March 2011, 04:00 PM
kunal4win

no you have to continue in computer engg.
31st March 2011, 11:37 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Many good students face backlog , so need to worry but rectify your mistakes , that is most important.
4th April 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Please type your question or comment here and then clickgood students face backlog , so nee Submit.
28th April 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Hii m Himanshu, now m in 4th sem bt i can take 5 chances to clear 1st year subject..and i also have backlog in 3rd sem.... So it is better for me to countinue wid I.T Brach..or after completing my degree it is better to leave this field?
18th June 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for 3rd year if i have a 1st semester subject backlog?
26th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i m all clear in 1st sem wid 67.23%, bt i think in d 2nd sem may b i ll get bclog & also i wnt to change my branch...
so wid one bcklog in d 2nd sem is it possible for me to change d branch...????
ri8 nw i m in comp...
29th June 2011, 10:45 AM
kartavya99

mechanical is core branch and it has more scope than cs branch.
5th July 2011, 01:15 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

you cant take any decision by just observing the result of the 1st semester .

there are many opportunities to you when you pass out from the college with the B.TECH degree .

your branch have good scope ,so there is no need of the changing the branch.

you can do the higher studies after the B.TECH in the m.tech field

if you complete the the m.tech from the best colleges like iit's or nit's you can get fantastic package.

thanks and best luck
14th July 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

i have not taken computer in my 11&12 class but i have got computer science in my btech .
i m starting my btechon 25 july 2011.
can i go with this?????
16th July 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

i m in bangalore ,my sub was commerce nw cs ,i got backlog in 1st yr 1st sem electronics sub of bca,nw i m in 3rd sem,i feel it difficult so i planned to to write nw , please help if u get any question paper ,sent to [email protected]
3rd August 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

i am tamil mediam how to prepare engineering first semester
21st August 2011, 09:41 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks@estate View Post
Hiiiiiiii,

YES, you can make your career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester.

because in each & every competitive exam complete degree requires.

Good Wishes
Hi friend
Dont worry about your future.Its not a big problem at all.the main thing you have to complete your engineering degree.
If you dont have good percentage then its not a big deal but you should have command on a perticular language or a perticular field.
U can choose any type of language and learn.There is so much scope for a computer engineer.the compnies want good programmer.They dont need any employee who have knowledge of only books.So do practice on a perticular language.Its very helpful for your future preference.
do hard work and clear all your subjects and do hard work for atleast 60% in engineer.It should be very helpful for u.

all the best.
22nd August 2011, 08:38 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?

Quote:

well..if u are not able to understand ur stream properly and u dont think u can continue in this..
u can start afresh by again giving AIEEE,scoring a decent rank and getting into a new college..which would mean u would have no memories or record of this college..
else u can give a lateral entry exam and get admitted to the 2nd year of another college..but ur backlog might be a problem in that case..

u can change ur stream also by staying in the same college if u like..

hope this helps..
11th September 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

can i do b.tech i got 70% in 10th and i m a diploma holder in computer science with 70%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?