10th October 2018, 11:33 AM
priyankagiriraddi

Can I be considered under OBC category if belongs to Hindu Reddy community?

Sir, I want to study MBBS course. I am preparing for NEET-UG. I belongs to Hindu Reddy community. So, I just want to know that can I be considered under OBC category? Please let me know as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

15th October 2018, 07:10 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be considered under OBC category if belongs to Hindu Reddy community?

No, Hindu Reddy community will not come under OBC category. Hindu reddy community will come under general category/ Open Category (OC).

NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted once in every year for giving admissions into different medical courses in different states.

The eligibility required for attending NEET exam is a 10+2 in science stream with minimum 50% from any recognised board.
There is 5% relaxation available for reserved candidates.
Since you belong to general category there is no reservation available for general category candidates.

For more information about the caste and their categories you can check the official website of NCBC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?