13th January 2017, 01:30 PM
Praveenkumar Sunkara

What is the difference between OBC and General category in SSC exam pattern? Which category I belong to if my Caste is Reddy?

Respected Sir, My Caste is Reddy and I am from Andhra Pradesh more over. What is the difference between General and OBC in SSC exam pattern? I want to know which category I belong to if my Caste is Reddy? Please answer as I don't know to which Category I belong? Please answer as soon as possible.

26th January 2017, 02:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between OBC and General category in SSC exam pattern? Which category I belong to if my Caste is Reddy?

The difference between OBC and General Category in SSC or any other examination is the category which decides based on the caste of the candidate. Since, your caste is reddy, you belong to OC i.e., General category. The General category candidates will not have any reservations in seat allocation, government jobs, etc., whereas OBC, SC and ST candidates will have reservation in seat allocation and for government jobs.
17th June 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between OBC and General category in SSC exam pattern? Which category I belong to if my Caste is Reddy?

MY CASTE IS MBC. I WANT TO KNOW WHICH CATEGORY I BELONG TO IF MY CASTE IS MBC?
24th December 2017, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I belongs to BC category. To apply SSC, which category I belong to either OBC or GENERAL?
28th June 2019, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I belong to reddika caste which falls under bc-a in Andhra Pradesh... I am preparing for upsc cse.... Does my caste remain in obc category or falls under general category
12th November 2020, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

For ssc exam Shetty comes under in which category general or obc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?