30th September 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech with commerce(Maths)

Can I do B-tech with commerce with maths...could u please tell me

26th March 2013, 04:19 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can I do B.Tech with commerce(Maths)

Hi dear..

No, You can't do B.Tech having Commerce stream in your +2.

B.Tech is a Technical Degree and can be pursued only by candidates who studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in their +2.

Moreover, most of the Universities demand at least 60% aggregate in +2 to be eligible for the entrances.

Being a Commerce Student, even having Mathematics is not enough, and since you didn't have Physics and Chemistry, you are not eligible.

But there are many courses for you as a Commerce student like CA, ICWA etc.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
26th March 2013, 07:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech with commerce(Maths)

If you have completed 12th standard in commerce stream then I am afraid you can not apply for the Engineering course. For admission in Bachelor of Technology, the candidate should have completed 12th standard with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

Having completed 12th with Maths alone is not enough. This is why students of commerce and arts streams are not eligible for the Engineering course. You will not be allowed to appear for the entrance exams such as:

ISEET

AIEEE

UPSEE

BITSAT

IIT-JEE

GUJ-CET

It would be better if you consider some course which is related to your course. You have the option of pursuing Bachelor of Commerce as well Bachelor of Computer Applications.

Since Maths was one of the subjects in your 12th standard, MCA after completing BCA is good option. After completing Master of Computer Applications you can apply for job in the MNC IT sector.

After completing graduation you can also pursue Bachelor of Education to become school teacher. The other option would be to complete M.Com and then apply for the National Eligibility Test (NET) for college lectureship.

You can also do Chartered Accountancy after 12th standard. For which you will have to clear Common Proficiency Test (CPT). However after completing B.Com with 55 percent or more marks you don't have to appear for the CPT.

There are many other options as well but unfortunately Engineering is not one of them.
27th March 2013, 01:44 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech with commerce(Maths)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do B-tech with commerce with maths...could u please tell me
Your not applicable to Join in B.tech course after completing your Commerce with Mathematics Subject ..

Only the candidate who Completed 12th Standard in Science Stream (or) The candidate should Complete Diploma Course from recognized university ..

So, As per the Eligibility Criteria your not applicable for B.tech course after Completing 12th standard in Commerce stream with Mathematics subject ..

To apply for B.tech Course ..

~~ One should passed in 12th Standard in Science Faculty from recognized university ..

~~ One should be Studied Physics ,Mathematics, Chemistry Subject in 12th standard ..

~~ One should score Minimum 60% to 80% percentage of marks in 12th standard ..

~~ One should be qualified in Engineering Entrance Examinations with good percentage of marks ..

Engineering Entrance Examination :-

>> All Indian Engineering Entrance Examination

>> Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Examination

>> Indian Institute of Technology Entrance Examination

So, as per the criteria your not applicable for B.tech Course

~~ Suggestion

You have better career ,, Apart from this B.tech Course .. Commerce Stream having lot Higher Degree courses and also having good scope too ..

After Completing your 12th standard in Commerce stream you may apply for the Courses like, B.com / BBA / CA / ICWAI / CS Etc....

All The Best !!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?