4th May 2022, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BAMS without biology in 12th?

I have completed D.Pharma but I have no biology in 12. Can I do bams?

7th May 2022, 03:13 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BAMS without biology in 12th?

No, students must have the combination of Physics,Chemistry and Biology in their 12th standard for pursuing their career in the Medical field. Without Biology students cannot be eligible for the Medical courses like MBBS,BAMS,BHMS etc.
7th May 2022, 06:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue medical courses like MBBS, BHMS, BAMS a candidate is supposed to have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in his class 12th.
If he / she not studied the get of these subjects then he/ she is not eligible to go for the course.
For these courses entrance exam are to be passed which are conducted by Medical Council of India or CBSE.
7th May 2022, 06:46 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue courses in medical field specially courses like MBBS, BAMS, BHMS candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major subjects in the 12th level.

Eligible Candidates has to appear for medical entrance exam which is conducted by medical institutes offering the program Directory of Medical Education of each state Central Board of Secondary Education.

Candidates who have not studied Biology in the 12th level are not considered eligible for courses in medical science.
7th May 2022, 08:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To pursue BAMS (Bachelor of Ayuvedic Medicine and Surgery) and to pursue the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate ( or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognized board of examination.

So, having not opted for Biology in your Class 12th, you are not eligible for pursuing BAMS degree course.
9th May 2022, 12:16 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For becoming eligible for BAMS , it's important for a candidate to have completed class 12th with physics, chemistry and biology with atleast 65%marks from a recognised board.

Those who do not have biology in class 12th are not eligible.
9th May 2022, 01:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibilty to pursue BAMS course is that candidate must have passed std 12th from a recognised board with Biology as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to pursue the course and get admission in BAMS course.
11th May 2022, 09:17 AM
Naresh199

One must have the combination of Physics,Chemistry and Biology in their 12th standard for pursuing their career in the Medical field. Without Biology one cannot be eligible for the Medical courses like MBBS,BAMS,BHMS.
14th May 2022, 09:20 AM
Naresh199

No you can't, minimum requirement is to clear physics , chemistry, and biology subjects at higher secondary or equivalent level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?