27th December 2019, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I do BCA after Diploma in Agriculture?

Hi, after qualifying my 10th Board exams instead of doing 11th and 12th I started with Diploma course in Agriculture which I have completed recently. Now, I wish to do BCA. Am I eligible? Which are other good options available for me?

28th December 2019, 03:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA after Diploma in Agriculture?

No, you are not eligible to do BCA after completing diploma in agriculture. To be eligible to purse BCA course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with mathematics subject from a recognised board.
Admissions in BCA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
28th December 2019, 04:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

After Diploma in Agriculture, you are eligible to join B.Sc. in Agriculture course but not BCA.

To join BCA the candidate should have done 12th with mathematics as a compulsory subject or Diploma in Computer application.
28th December 2019, 08:17 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Application and if you have a diploma from a recognised board in India then you are eligible for admission to BCA course.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the BCA course:-
The candidates should have passed 12th with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in English and Mathematics or Computer Science.Those who have not chosen maths as a subject in intermediate examination are also eligible for BCA, but you have to study Computer Science as a subject in your 12th examination.
Those who have completed 3 year diploma course after matriculation are also eligible for BCA course. For admission you must have passed in 3 year diploma in a branch of engineering from a Polytechnic in recognised institution with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
For more details please contact the college in which you want to take admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?