29th August 2015, 06:30 PM
ishaniS

Can I do BSc in zoology after completing B.A in English

can i do B.Sc in zoology after completing BA in English?

30th August 2015, 12:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BSc in zoology after completing B.A in English

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaniS View Post
No, B.A in English candidates are not eligible for B.Sc in Zoology.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCB from a recognized board are eligible for B.Sc in Zoology.

Your age should be above 16 years.
30th August 2015, 03:33 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaniS View Post
No, you cannot do B.SC Zoology after B.A in English because for doing B.SC in Zoology you need to have science stream in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as your elective subject in 10+2. As you have mentioned that you have completed your graduation in English then what is the need of doing B.SC ??? you can find lots of opportunity in your filed too like you can become journalist, teacher, translator etc. So I would rather advice you to be in your field and try to best in your opted subject. Trust me now a days candidates Graduating in English has a good scope in future.
30th August 2015, 04:01 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you will be eligible to apply for the course on the condition you satisfy the eligibility criteria .

B.Sc. Zoology stands for Bachelor of Science in Zoology. The duration for this program is of 3 years. Zoology is the branch of Biology which deals with the studies of animals regarding the structure, function, behavior and evolution .

The basic eligibility criteria to get admission in B.Sc. Zoology is pass in higher secondary education or 10+2 from a recognized board with science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) and in one of the Math’s subjects.
30th August 2015, 04:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor's degree in Zoology is a popular course in present scenario preferred by so many candidates who have taken biology as one of the subjects at 10+2 level. You have done bachelor's degree in arts and now you want to do bachelor's in Zoology.

You are eligible for the bachelor's degree in Zoology if you have studied science at the 10+2 level. Your bachelor's degree in arts does not matter for this course. Some institutes offering this course conducts entrance exam whereas some take admission on the basis of marks scored in the 10+2 exams.

Some of the best colleges for B.Sc in Zoology:

1. Delhi university.

>>Hindu College.

>>Desbandhu college.

>>HansRaj College.

>>Acharya Narayan Dev college.

>>Daulat Ram college

>>Deen Dayal Upadhya College.

2. Indira Gandhi National Open university.

3. B.R Ambedkar University and many more.
30th August 2015, 05:20 PM
piki05

Dear
you can do Bsc zoology if only you have completed 10+2 in science stream.
So after completing BA in English there is no point in studing Bsc zoology .
30th August 2015, 06:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc stands for Bachelor of Science where as B.A. stands for Bachelor of Arts so B.Sc degree has nothing to do with B.A. degree.

So being B.A. in English you are eligible for Bachelor of Science with zoology if you have done your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects from a recognized university which is the primary educational qualification required for pursuing B.Sc degree with Zoology.

Hence if you do not satisfy the above educational qualification required then you are not eligible for B.Sc degree with Zoology.
30th August 2015, 06:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for the Bachelor's degree in Zoology are:

Interested candidates must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. The stream 10+2 for candidates must be science stream including Biology as compulsory subjects for the bachelor's degree in zoology.

Hence if you have studied science stream in 10+2 with biology as compulsory subjects, you can apply for the B.Sc in Zoology.

One other thing is that if you have scored good marks in 10+2, you can apply for the admission in different colleges in Delhi University which is the best university for pursuing this course.
30th August 2015, 08:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible pursue the B.Sc in the zoology even after completing the BA in English.

The qualification to pursue the B.Sc zoology is candidates must have passed the 10+2 with the PCB as the core subject from a recognised board. Other than this there is some special requirements for the admission in any particular university.

Some of the best colleges for the admission in the university is :-
> Delhi University.
> B.R Ambedkar University.
> Patna University.
30th August 2015, 11:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the Bachelor of Science after the Bachelor of Arts in the English.

But for this it is essential to have the Biology as the subject in the 10 2 board examination. The course is of three year duration and it is the branch of science which deals with the study of animals.

For more information about the admission criteria visit the college.
31st August 2015, 01:17 AM
JSD.

Bsc (Zoology) is bachelor in science in the specialization of Zoology subject.The basic eligibility criteria for this course is, to have a successfully passed out in +2 course from a recognised board with good percentile. Also the appearing aspirant must have chemistry as a major or opinional subject during their +1 and +2.

So if you were of PCM or PCB back ground or if you have chemistry as a optional subject in your +1 and +2 than definitely you can do the BSc course in Zoology specialization.
31st August 2015, 11:25 PM
Career advisor

B.Sc in Zoology:
If you want to do B.Sc in Zoology then you can take admission in thet course only on the basis of your 10+2 score and you must have PCB(Physics,Chemistry,Biology) as the main subjects in your 10+2.
As you want to do B.Sc after BA(Bachelor Of Arts) English,then your BA qualification has no mean. If you want that your BA qualification must consider then you have to go further in Arts stream.
1st September 2015, 08:44 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible to apply for B.sc In Zoology after completion of B.A.

Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) with PCB as a main subjects from recognized board
- You also have to qualify the Entrance exam for Admission conducted by University

Career Scope
As a zoologist , You can work in Laboratries , Museum , Pharmaceutical Industry , Agriculture Department , Environment Agency , Hospital etc.

Higher Study
- M.sc In Zoology
- M.phill In Zoology
- Ph.D In Zoology
3rd May 2016, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

i'm shreya , i have done my graduation in B.A english from Delhi university now i dont find any lucrative carrer in this field . up to which it is correct to do graduation after graduation ? i want to do bsc physics as i was from science stream so that i can move towards merchant navy. i know certain age required for this field now i'm 21 yrs old . or else can i go for msc if it possible den i can go for merchant navy after doing msc or bsc ? plz i'm so fed up with all this kindly suggest me what to do i know i chose wrong path by doing English honours.
13th October 2019, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I do b.a private after completing bsc??
13th October 2019, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I do b.a private after completing bsc??
9th January 2020, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Can a humanities student become zoologist??
13th April 2020, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Sc Zoology after B.A English ?
14th April 2020, 11:24 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Can I do BSc in zoology after completing B.A in English

Can I do BSc in zoology after completing B.A in English:

Yes, your Plus2 subjects are science, ie. for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. then you can study B.Sc Zoology after completing your B.A. Graduation in Zoology course is of three year duration and it is the branch of science which deals with the study of animals.
23rd August 2021, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Can I do bs zoology after bsc with computer
19th September 2021, 12:33 AM
Minal F

B.Sc Zoology Full Form - Bachelor of Science in Zoology.

Absolutely Not, Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics, chemistry and biology with minimum 50 to 60%marks from a recogniszed university.

Entrance exam-
BHU
UET
CET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?