13th May 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I do CA after my degree? Should I do CA after degree or while doing degree?

can i do CA after my degree? what is the best option ,1.doing cA with degree [or] 2.doing CA after degree? I completed Inter with MEC group.

21st August 2011, 04:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do CA after my degree? Should I do CA after degree or while doing degree?

Hello friend,
Yes, you can pursue Chartered Accountancy course after qualifying your degree program as well as along with your bachelors degree program.
Any individual who have qualified +2 level of examination, is eligible to pursue the course and have to qualify Common Proficiency Test, conducted by the institute, to do so.
After qualifying CPT, you will be eligible to enroll for the Integrated Professional
Competence Course (IPCC), which will be followed by 100 hours Information Technology Training, 3 years of articled training and the Final Course.

For further information, you may refer to the official website of ICAI.
28th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do CA after my degree? Should I do CA after degree or while doing degree?

i complete my degree with b.com(ca).can i join ipcc with out cpt?
26th September 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

can i do ca while iam studying degree second year?
4th May 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i completed my degree(BSC(computers)) recently .i want to do ca now how?
13th May 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.com degree can i join direct in ipcc or else i have to write cpt
1st September 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

can i do ca along with BAF or any other degree other than bcom ?
16th October 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I completed my degree with bcom can i join ipcc with out cpt
19th April 2013, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to do CPT even though i did my degree?
20th April 2013, 01:27 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is really up to you whether you can handle two courses at one time. Some people find it difficult and therefore prefer to first complete graduation and then go for Chartered Accountancy.

However some prefer doing CA course directly after completing 12th instead of completing graduation. So you will have to make the choice for yourself.

If you want to do graduation and CA. Then in my opinion you should first complete graduation and then apply for the Chartered Accountancy course. The advantage would be less strain of study.

At the same time you can also avail another benefit. After completing graduation you can directly take admission for the Chartered Accountancy without completing the Common Proficiency Test.

It is not possible if you decides to do CA and graduation both at the same time. Under the new rules of ICAI, graduates can get exemption from appearing for the Common Proficiency Test. You will have to meet the following criteria:

At least 55 percent marks in commerce graduation course.

60 percent or more marks in non commerce graduation course.

If you are confident of clearing the Common Proficiency Test and think you can handle two courses at the same time then you should apply for the both courses together.

To clear Common Proficiency Test you will have to clear 2 groups. Both have 2 subjects. You will have to score 30 percent marks in each group to clear the exam.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Following the Common Proficiency Test you will take admission for the IPCC. It will be followed by the 3 years of articleship and in the end it will be Final course.
20th April 2013, 10:46 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i complete my degree with b.com(ca).can i join ipcc with out cpt?
You can pursue CA even after B.com. After Bcom you can begin with IPCC level itself. According to the new rule in CA course, the candidates who are graduates can directly apply for IPCC without CPT. On qualifying in IPCC you need to attend article training as well. The last level is final CA course. This can be attended only by those who clear IPCC and 3 year article ship training also.

In IPCC exam there are two groups namely:
Group 1
Group 2
4th December 2013, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir. Now i am studying 3rd B.COM(c.a). I want to do CA. What is the procedure to join and please send me course details &course fee details
29th September 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my BAF would it be easier for me to do IPCC after my graduation. Is there any benefits in doing my IPCC by taking Bad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?