27th December 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Is filmmaking a degree course itself like others?

Ill be completing my 12th in march
n im from mumbai
my question to u is
i want to pursue filmmaking after 12th nly
so is filmmaking a degree course itself like all the order degree courses like bmm?
supposingly in futre i opt fr this n if it is a degree course den ill nt face ny problms as such right? or is it just a simple course which wil nt specify that v hav complted our degree...like bmm where we knw its a degree course!
n i also wantd to knw whether is it a degree course of 3years?

2nd January 2014, 12:12 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Is filmmaking a degree course itself like others?

Colleges giving bachelors degree course for filmmaking is very less probably only one to my knowledge which is from City Pulse Institute of Film & Television, they provide 3 years Bachelors degree course in Acting (B.A.) which actually concentrates on how you physically be there acting in front of the camera. Other than this they provide masters degree in Direction, Script Writing, Editing, Cinematography, Audiography, Production Design and Production Management.

If you are ready to do filmmaking degree outside then you can take up Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) which will be for 4 years and you need to put in lot of money to make it done.

So, the best thing to do is to complete the B.A. degree and then move on to any one of the Masters degree which is core for filmmaking, other than this there are only diploma courses (Diploma in filmmaking) which is not considered to be degree.

BACHELOR'S DEGREE ACTING COURSE - SIX SEMESTERS
Rs. 75,000/- per semester

MASTER'S DEGREE COURSES - FOUR SEMESTERS
Rs. 90,000/- per semester

I have attached the application form for applying to the bachelors/masters degree in CityPulse Institute of Film & Television. You need to take a demand draft of Rs.900/- for the same.

For more information just contact them,

City Pulse Institute of Film & Television
City Pulse Campus, Sabarmati – Gandhinagar Highway,
Before Indroda Circle, Sector 7, Gandhinagar -382007
Gujarat, India.
Phone : +91-79-65720154
Email: [email protected] , [email protected]

Official website - http://www.cpift.com/
10th May 2015, 10:41 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is filmmaking a degree course itself like others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ill be completing my 12th in march
n im from mumbai
my question to u is
i want to pursue filmmaking after 12th nly
so is filmmaking a degree course itself like all the order degree courses like bmm?
supposingly in futre i opt fr this n if it is a degree course den ill nt face ny problms as such right? or is it just a simple course which wil nt specify that v hav complted our degree...like bmm where we knw its a degree course!
n i also wantd to knw whether is it a degree course of 3years?
Filmaking comes under bachelor degree of mass and communication. Where practicals includes stage drama,short films,documentory film. There are colleges which provides admission but very less.so if you are planning to go in film making back ground.you need to carefull in choosing the college which includes healthy atmosphere,experience faculties,better placement. Right "goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?