22nd January 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering?

I am a student in B.E. in electronics and communication and i want to do my M.E. in aerospace. Is that possible ? If yes, then how ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do my M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering? Is it possible to do M.Tech in AE after passing B.Tech in Electronics and communication engineering
  2. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  3. What is the qualifications required to do aeronautical or aerospace engineering in abroad after completion of diploma in Electronics and Communication?
  4. B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering holder can pursue Masters in Aerospace engineering?
  5. Details about the B.Tech courses after completing 12th CBSE?
  6. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after doing B.Tech in Electrical and Communication
  7. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after completing B.E in electronics and communication
  8. Can I do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  9. How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What course should I prefer for Bachelor degree?
  11. Is there any scope in aerospace engineering? I want to do Aerospace engineering in USA or France or Germany
  12. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard? -- [New]
  13. Which course in B.E is the best and what are the job opportunities?
  14. How to do PG in Aerospace engineering after passing 3 years electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  15. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  16. Is it possible to do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? What will be the minimum percentage of bachelor degree
  17. Rank required to get admission in SRM Chennai?
  18. M.Tech(Astrophysics/Aerospace Engineering) for B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
22nd January 2011, 03:15 PM
rks_estate

Default Re: Can I do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Dear,

Yes, you can do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering.

In B.E. if you have scored 65% or above then contact directly to the college where M.E. in Aerospace Engineering course is available.

Good Luck
22nd January 2011, 04:01 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student in B.E. in electronics and communication and i want to do my M.E. in aerospace. Is that possible ? If yes, then how ?
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;
First of all after completion of you B.E you will have to appear in GATE Exam and you have to grab the excellent score then only you are having chances of getting the Aerospace.
After getting good score you will have to fill your first choice as Aerospace and if you will perform well in interview then there is no hurdle to getting admission in Aerospace in top IITS.

All the very Best.

Thanks
22nd January 2011, 05:29 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

I don't think you can do m.tech in aerospace because you are ECE background.
you should do m.tech in ECE.
BE/btech students from aeronautics can do mtech in aerospace.
22nd January 2011, 05:54 PM
prtk.co

Yes you can do aerospace engineering for sure.You can apply for it .Forms of various colleges are already realease.You can give the entrance for it.
22nd January 2011, 06:37 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Only the students with B.E. or B.Tech. degree in Aerospace or Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture are eligible for M.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering.
22nd January 2011, 11:22 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Yes Friend,
You can opt for any optional subject from 21 different subjects like Aerospace Engineering,Instrumentation Engineering,Agricultural Engineering,Mathematics & Architecture and Planning etc.

Only you must have graduate enough for Eligibility to write GATE exam.

these are some tips and advices you must follow them if you really interested in cracking GATE:-
1.start collecting your base books related to the syllabsu i.e if you opt to write aerospace then start collecting Aerospace Engineering books or base books.

Because you are ECE background student you will face many problems.. You have to study each and every topic for Aerospace. But it won't if you write for ECE as an optional subject.

You can refer one of these books.
Aerospace Engineering Books
  • Aerodynamics: Introduction to flight - Anderson
  • Fundamentals of Aerodynamics - Anderson
  • Aerodynamics for Engineering Students - Houghton and Carpenter/Caruthers Aerodynamics - Clancy Modern
  • Compressible flow - Anderson
  • Gas dynamics - Rathakrishnan
  • Viscous flow - F M white

2.Start with a good schedule at-least give your 10hrs of study Gate syllabus.If you are running out of time or you have less time for GATE exam.

3.if you need some more more papers of other Stream then
Click this:-Gate Papers

Good luck.
23rd January 2011, 10:36 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Well first of you are in pure electronic background doing BE in ECE. So if you do ME in aeronautical then it will be tough and not beneficial for you as all the knowledge that you have learnt will not be applied.

You can go for ME in VLSI design,communication,networking,Embedded systems etc.

This will have a better prospect for you!!!
24th January 2011, 01:13 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Sorry, you can not do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after passing B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The minimum educational qualification required for doing M.E. in Aerospace Engineering in most of the IITs and other engineering colleges in India is as follows;

Students having undergraduate degree (BE/B.Tech) in Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil Engineering and Naval Architecture are eligible to apply for M.Tech. course in Aerospace Engineering.

First class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in Bachelor's degree in other branches of Engineering (i.e. Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation or allied branches) are eligible for admission to specific specializations of Aerospace Engineering, if they have valid GATE score in relevant disciplines.
24th January 2011, 07:55 AM
rahul_kumar066

You can do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering. You have to give gate exam for it afterthat through gate scorecard you could join M.E
But it is worthless because you are a ece student
25th January 2011, 07:53 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Yes of course you can go through the Aerospace Engineering courses but you need to go through the GATE exam.Since your a ECE student there will be only few topics related to devices like OP-amps and other such topics.In Aerospace Engineering there are even courses related to mechanical stream hence you need to work harder.

First of all prepare well for GATE.You can go through the syllabus from the following link

www.onestopgate.com/gate-syllabus/electronics-telecommnication.asp

Even the sample papers are available in the above link.Well am attaching one of the Gate paper out here so please go through it
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE-ECE-2008.pdf(6.48 MB, 135 views)
9th March 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

sir
can you suggest me
which branch suitable for mtech
industries job oriented
12th April 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

sir,
can i admit in aerospace engineering after b.tech in etc & tc?
13th April 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.E. in Aerospace Engineering after B.E. in computer engineering ?
11th June 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sirs,

Passed out in 1992 in B.E. ( Mech.) from S.P.C.E.; Andheri. I now want to do my M.E. Do I have to give any entrance exams or can I straight away apply to any good college? I am 40 yrs. of age now.
4th July 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

can i do Mtech in automobile engineering after doing btech in electronics and communication engineering .what are the requirements.
24th July 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

can i do m.tech in aerospace engineering after B.E.in electronics and telecommunication
13th August 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

can i do ME in aeronautical engineering after doing BE in mechanical engineering please tell me & send the ans to my id [email protected]
13th August 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

can i do ME in aeronautical engineering after doing BE in mechanical engineering
13th August 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

can i do ME in aeronautical engineering after doing BE in mechanical engineering
15th August 2011, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Hello frnds, i hve completed my BE AERONAUTICAL. Now my doubt is
should i go for ME AERONOATICAL else MBA in Aviation Management? Plz help me....!!
6th January 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.E. in aerospace engineering after B.E. in Electronics and instrumentation? if i do this,it s easy r not?
14th March 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.E., in aerospace engineering after B.E., in Mechanical Engineering? if possible, yes or no?
27th June 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i admition take in mechanical eng. in b.e. so can i admission in aerospace in m.e. ?
5th July 2012, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

sir can i do me in aerospace aftr be in mechanical ?
4th November 2012, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

after my diploma in electonic and telecommunication i hve any opportunity in aeronoutical engineering?
7th November 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

i did BE in ELECTRINCS AND COMMUNICATION and now i got MTECH in AERONAUTICAL ENGINERING. is it be worthful. is it having scope. pleas tell me [email protected]
22nd June 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO DO MY B.E IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND M.E IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE OR SHOULD I DO B.E IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING AND THEN A M.E IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING? I AM FROM GUJARAT WHERE ONLY A B.E IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING IS AVAILABLE. PLEASE ASSIST.
22nd June 2013, 09:54 PM
pavprim

I want to do my b.e in electrical engineering and m.e in aeronautical engineering. Would this be a good choice. I am from gujarat where only a b.e in aeronautical engineering is available. Please assist.
9th July 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

can i do aerospace engineering after completing BE in electronics and communication or instrumentation science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?