21st February 2011, 10:25 PM
A2M

Can I do M.A Geography on part time basis after completing B.Tech in Computer Science? Is there any open university in India offering such course?

Greetings,
My question is whether I could do an M.A. in Geography, on part-time basis, after having completed my B.Tech in Computer Science? Is there any open university in India offering courses as such?

Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. M.A in Geography after B.Tech (Computer science)? Any open University in India offering the course?
  2. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  3. Any facility to do part time B.Tech in India? Which University to opt in Karnataka? List of colleges offering this course in Karnataka?
  4. List of colleges offering Part time Ph.D in Computer Science in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Possibility to study Part Time PhD in Computer Science with 60% in MCA for a candidate of Netaji Subhas Open University?
  6. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  7. List of Colleges offering Part time B.Tech in Computer Science in Chennai?
  8. Am I eligible to study Ph.D in Computer Science if completed M.Sc with 55.55% marks? Universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science through Distance Mode in India?
  9. Class timings and duration of part time M.E in Anna University? Does Anna University offer part time in Week End basis?
  10. Can I study BBA after completing 12th with Computer Science?
  11. Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?
  12. Nalanda Open University B.A. Geography (Hons) Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. List of Colleges offering Part time B.Tech course in Computer Science?
  14. Is there any open university offering B.E for diploma computer science students?
  15. List of universities offering Ph.D in computer science as part time in Tamilnadu?
  16. List of colleges offering part time Computer Science PhD in Karnataka?
  17. Can I do part time PhD from UAE after completing MCA from Madras university?
  18. What is the scope of part time BE after part time Diploma completion? -- [New]
17th December 2011, 08:11 AM
Bishnu1

Default Re: Can I do M.A Geography on part time basis after completing B.Tech in Computer Science? Is there any open university in India offering such course?

I understand your concern and would like to let you know that, yes you can do that.
Let me try my level best to help you on this.

I am feeling more than hapy to answer this as I know how it feels when we are in confusion basicaly on studies.

Let me give you the exampleas of some known colleges which in my view are the best and I assure you will be benefited by this.

1. Loyola College, Chennai

Loyola College was founded in 1925 by a French Jesuit, Rev. Francis Bertram.

2. Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi

Established in 1956 in New Delhi by the late Sir Shri Ram in memory of his wife, Phoolan Devi (Lady Shri Ram). The college has consistently made it to the top 5 colleges as ranked by India Today.

3. St.Stephen’s College, Delhi

Founded on 1 February 1881, St. Stephen’s is the oldest college in Delhi. It was first affiliated to Calcutta University, and later to Punjab University.

4. St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai

The College was founded by the Society of Jesus, a Christian religious group started by St. Ignatius of Loyola in 1540. On January 30, 1869, St. Xavier’s College was affiliated to the University of Bombay.

5. St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata

A Christian Minority Educational Institution, St. Xavier’s was founded in16 January 1860.

6. Christ College, Bangalore

7. Presidency College, Kolkata

8. Madras Christian College, Chennai

7. Fergusson College, Pune

9. Stella Maris College ,Chennai

10. Fergusson College, Pune

I hope this will help you a lot. I wish all the best for your future. Have a happy life ahead my friend.
17th December 2011, 11:59 AM
ibad.786

Default Re: Can I do M.A Geography on part time basis after completing B.Tech in Computer Science? Is there any open university in India offering such course?

Hi friend, surely you can do MA on part-time basis after completing your B.Tech. Ther are many reputed open universities wich provide MA through distance education. Some of the best universities are:-

1) Yashwantrao Chavhan Maharashtra Open University
Website- www.ycmou.com

2) Indira Gandhi National Open Uniersity
Website- www.ignou.ac.in

The above two Universities are reputed and well known open Universities of India. All the Best!
17th December 2011, 02:11 PM
mayankkaushik02

Yes, you can do such courses from IGNOU , DU and many other universities.
17th December 2011, 04:26 PM
deva.ezhil

Thumbs up Re: Can I do M.A Geography on part time basis after completing B.Tech in Computer Science? Is there any open university in India offering such course?

Hello,

M.Sc / MA Geography courses are offered by Distance Education in these Universities

* M.Sc in Madras University
* M.Sc in Vinayaka Mission
* M.Sc in Netaji Open University
* M.Sc in Nalanda Open University
* MA in Kota Open University
* MA in Nalanda Open University
* MA in MP Bhoj Open University
* MA in MDU Rohtak

M.A in Geography is a two year course. Bachelor or equivalent Degree in any subject is the eligibility condition. All the best.
13th June 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the fees rate of the course in MA geography in CMJ university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?