10th December 2019, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Sc after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering which I qualified this year only i.e., 2019 session. Now, instead of going for M.Tech can I do M.Sc? Would it be a good option for my career growth prospective?

12th December 2019, 02:34 PM
Ali Mirza Bhai

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

But yes you can go for M.Sc as well if you want to go into teaching line or to pursue research in your subject then you can choose M.Sc in mechanical engineering. Choose it wisely on the basis of your interest and priority.
12th December 2019, 07:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MSc after completion of your BTech.
After completing MSc, you will have great scope of career opportunities.
You can appear the entrance NET or SET and can become a lecturer after clearing it.
Eligibility criteria for admission in MSC are:- You should have a bachelor's degree in Science steam( Mathematics / Technology/ Statistics / Engineering) from a recognised University.
Candidate should score a minimum of 60% marks in graduation level .
There is no age limitation.
12th December 2019, 09:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Master of Science course after having done Bachelor of Technology course. But the most suitable course for a B.tech candidate is Master of Technology course. It will be more beneficial for you in terms of career growth and future.

You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam for admission in top colleges of Master of Technology course. Candidates who secure good rank in GATE exam can also get shortlisted for PSU recruitments.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?