23rd September 2019, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Sc in Physics after B.Sc in Chemistry?

Hello Sir, I have completed B.Sc Hons with specialization in Chemistry and I had Physics as an optional subject. So, now can I do M.Sc in Physics? Or, would I have to continue with Chemistry branch only?

15th October 2019, 06:26 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc in Physics after B.Sc in Chemistry?

To pursue M.Sc. (Master of Science) in Physics degree, the minimum education required is bachelor's degree in Science stream from a recognised university with Physics as one of the paper throughout the bachelor degree course.

So, having completed your B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) degree course with Chemistry as a major subject and Physics as an optional paper, you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc. in Physics degree course as optional subjects are not a part of curriculum in final year of honors degree course and therefore you must have not studied any Physics paper during the final year of your B.Sc. degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?