12th February 2011, 06:04 PM
pranjal2239

Can I do Marine Engg. after completing B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg.?

can i do marine engineering after completing BE in mech.?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering with 61% marks?
  2. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  3. What is the procedure for joining marine engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  4. What is the scope of marine engineering?
  5. What are the career opportunities in Marine engineer after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  6. How can I do PG in Marine engineering after completing Mechanical engineering? What's the admission procedure for the same? I'm in 4th year B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  7. How may I get admission in marine engineering for PG after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  8. What are the courses in Marine after B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Does B.E Marine has a good scope after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. What's the duration of training period in Marine engineering? How can I apply for Marine engineering after completing B.E? I've done B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  11. What is the salary offered for marine engineers?
  12. Can marine engineering only be done after graduating in mechanical engineering by doing GME course?
  13. Is it possible to do Marine Engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I do Marine Engg. after completing B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg.?
  15. Masters in Marine Engineering after Btech in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which course do I have to do after Mechanical Engineering so as to pursue Marine Engineering? Will I face any problems if I didnt score 60% in PCM?
  17. How to do marine engineering if I am a electrical and electronics engineering student?
  18. Can I do Marine Engineering after B.E Mechanical?
12th February 2011, 08:25 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do Marine Engg. after completing B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg.?

Absolutely you can do Marine Engineering after completing your BE in mechanical Engineering, provided you have scored more than 60% marks in PCM at 10+2 level.

Please note that you can not join Marine Engineering on the basis of BE. Your eligiblity would consider on the basis of 10+2 marks.

Age eligiblity for this course is that the candidate must be in between age limit of 18 to 25 years on the date of commecment of course.

There are many Marine Institutions conducting seperate entrance test for admission in Marine Institutions.
4th March 2011, 08:40 PM
sachin2places

Hello.....If you have done mechanical engineering and want to join merchant navy then there is absolutely no need to do marine engineering and wasting your time.
You apply for GME course which is of one year and then you can join merchant navy.
GME course is given in Anglo eastern maritime academy,SIMS Lonavla,TMI Induri and ARI.
However if you still want to do it then you need 60 percent at least in 10+2 and age below 25 years.Marine engineering can be done in Samundra institute of maritime studies and Tolani maritime institute.
All the best.
4th March 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Is there any mark limit in engeneering to join marine?
26th March 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

iam a b.tech (mechanical) student.can i do marine engg after completing my btech..what is the syllbus for entrance exam and course duration
20th April 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

i want to do GME course after completing my btech(mechanical engg) but i've 1 backlog because of which i will get my degree after 1 year.i want to know that i am eligible or not for GME course?this is my final year.
18th May 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

what are the conditions for joining GME course
28th June 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

i would like to know the fees for marine engineering in lbs,mumbai.
29th June 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B-tech( mechanical). i want to know about GME course. what is gme course. is it better than marine eng.
30th July 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

i have to marine engg after mechanical engg ..so please help me which course i would to do n i have tried after 10 2 but i doesn't have 60% in PCM so.... please give me information about it n there will be no problem after mechanical engg..............
4th August 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i secure 59.91%in 10th.
can i able to join merchant navi
18th January 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my b tech in electronics & comm.. i went to bombay to visit BEACON maritime services . they had said me that i can join as trainee engineer or fifth engineer on board after one year course by dgs approved colleges .
course name is
GRADUATE MARINE ENGINEERING .
COURSE fee 4.5 lakhs ..help me inthiss matter course commences from this march 2012 sir, plz help me out in this to opt sir,thank you.
11th March 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

is thr any scplizing course in marine, to gt a job aftr b.e in mech?
13th March 2012, 09:52 AM
jobsick

If you have done mechanical engineering and want to join merchant navy then there is absolutely no need to do marine engineering and wasting your time.
You apply for GME course which is of one year and then you can join merchant navy.
GME course is given in Anglo eastern maritime academy,SIMS Lonavla,TMI Induri and ARI.
However if you still want to do it then you need 60 percent at least in 10+2 and age below 25 years.Marine engineering can be done in Samundra institute of maritime studies and Tolani maritime institute.
1st October 2014, 09:08 AM
krishna188

I am fill the form the gme course .I need preparation for question paper priveus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?