2nd July 2012, 10:00 PM
Muraliraje

Can I do MBA after finishing B.Tech(CSE) with 82%?

hi im Rajesh from vellore i finished my b.tech(cse) with 82%. And now planning to do MBA. But im poor in mathematies and im poor in comminication. so please tell me which branch i can choose ?

3rd July 2012, 09:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBA after finishing B.Tech(CSE) with 82%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraliraje View Post
hi im Rajesh from vellore i finished my b.tech(cse) with 82%. And now planning to do MBA. But im poor in mathematies and im poor in comminication. so please tell me which branch i can choose ?
If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for MBA Course, the admission in this course is based on Entrance examination followed by Group discussion and Personal Interview and to get admission in top business school you need a good communication skills and have to cracked the CAT/MAT Examination, there are lots of examination to get join MBA Course. You have to appeared any one of the examination.

To apply for CAT Examination, you have to complete your graduate degree course with minimum 50% marks, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. The examination is conducted every year and the notification is Published in August.

You can also apply for MAT Examination after completing your graduate degree course. MAT Examination is conducted, 4 times in a year and you can apply many times.

If you cracked any one of the examination with good Marks, then you are eligible to appear for Group discussion and Personal Interview.

You can also get direct admission in some top colleges if you have scored good marks in your graduation.

If your communication skills is not good then dont worry if you have a confidence then you can easily learn at the time of MBA.

You can choose Marketing as a Major specialization in your MBA, if you are not good in maths, there are lots of specialization in this course and you have to choose as per your Interest. The admission procedure was already started and if you have completed your graduation then please apply for the admission in some good colleges. For more details please check the official website of top colleges.
3rd July 2012, 10:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your Graduation Degree through B.Tech. in CSE with 82% marks, you are eligible to apply for MBA course.

If you want to do MBA in reputed institutions then you have to apply, appear and crack entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT etc.

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) - The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised Unoversity with 50% marks, is eligible to apply for CAT.

MAT - MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST conducted by IMA(Indian Management Association) - The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for MAT.

The candidate can attempt for CAT/MAT as many as times he wishes as there is no restriction on number of attempts and there is also no upper age bar to apply for the same.

The CAT/MAT entrance test is computer based and after successfully cracking the same, the candidate is called for Group Discussion and final selection is through personal interview.
4th July 2012, 08:43 AM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and it is a post graduate course.
You can do this course after your graduation.Since,you have completed your B.Tech,you are eligible to do MBA.
The admission in colleges for this course is based on entrance test and CAT is one of such exams which is conducted for admission in Indian Institute of Management.
To be eligible to appear in CAT,you have to fulfill certain criteria like:-
1.You should have done your graduation from a recognized university.
2.You should have got at least 50% in your graduation.
3.You can appear even if you are in final year of your graduation.
4.There is no age limit for this.
Some of the other entrance tests conducted for MBA in our country are MAT,SNAT,etc.
The syllabus of these tests generally consists of:-
1.Data Interpretation test.
2.Verbal Ability.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Quantitative Aptitude.
You can get admission in a good college only if you score well in your entrance test.
After you qualify in entrance test,you will be called by the institute for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The admission will be based on the overall score in all these three stages.
Since,your Maths is not so good,you can take any good coaching like T.I.M.E,Career Launcher,etc to improve your Maths.
However,the syllabus of Maths is generally of 7-10 class,so you can tackle it easily.
Best of luck.
Thanks.
With Regards-
Vikas.
16th December 2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

have i done a mistake by going for mba after my btech in biotechnology engg
22nd January 2013, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

hai i am doing my B.E.(CSE) 3rd year

I am confused to select my post graduation is MBA or M.tech

friends help me to do a good course
22nd January 2013, 04:29 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I do MBA after finishing B.Tech(CSE) with 82%?

Quote:

hi friend,

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

~~~~~> A candidate should have completed their Bechelor Degree with atleast 60% from any recognise universities.....

~~~~~> age limit should not exist 30 years there a relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST in upper age......

ENTRANCE EXAM for MBA:

CAT
MAT
XAT
GMAT

all the best........
9th February 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I am in btech(cse) 3rd year now ..i would like to know how far it is good to choose mba after btech...what are the job oppurtunities i have btech with mba..which among mba or mtech is good to choose..any one help me out with clear picture..
29th March 2013, 10:08 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Yes Off Course your applicable for MBA Course after Completing your B.tech Course .... The candidate who Completed bachelor degree course are eligible for MBA Course ..

So, as per your qualification your applicable for MBA Course ..

You Mention that you have not having good Mathematics Skill ,, No Issue ... But you should have good Communication skill .. Communication skill is every Important to apply for MBA Course ..

So, I suggest you to develop your Communication skill ..

MBA ie : Master of Business Administration .

You can also choose various specialization like , Marketing management , Media management , Risk Management , Telecommunication management , Leadership management , Human resources management , Finance Management etc....

To get admission for MBA course you have to qualified in any one of the entrance examination like , CAT / MAT / GMAT examination . You should score good percentage of marks in entrance examination then only you can get admission for MBA course .

Admission for MBA course is based on Written examination , Group discussion and interview . Based on your performance the institute may give admission .You should have good knowledge in Quantitative Ability , Data Interpretation , Reading Comprehension , General Awareness , Logical Reasoning , If you good knowledge in this syllabus then you can easily face the written examination for MBA course.

In interview , You should have good communication and also have good subjective knowledge , so that you can easily face the interview,

If your qualified in entrance examination you can definitely get admission for MBA course in reputed colleges.

List of top MBA colleges :

-Loyola Institute of Business Administration
-Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
-Xavier Institute of Management
-Indian School of Business
-T.A. Pai Management Institute
-Indian Institute of Planning and Management
-Amity Business School
30th December 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Strange to go through the responses . Everyone is busy explaining what MBA mean . No one is suggesting the branch he should go for as asked in the question .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?