25th July 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after passing BSc Nursing?

can i do mbbs after b,sc nursing....please tell me if i can do it

26th July 2012, 08:54 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBBS after passing BSc Nursing?

Why do you want to do MBBS after B.Sc in nursing. It makes absolutely no sense. If you wanted to MBBS then you should not have done B.Sc in nursing. Please do not get me wrong this is the advice I would give to anyone who would ask this question.

You see B.Sc in Nursing is 4 years long course, doing MBBS would mean another 5 years to you. I hope you are not thinking about any lateral entry for the B.Sc nursing candidate because let me tell you there isn't any. Even if any university offers you such entry don't fall for it because Medical Council of India will not recognise your degree and it would be waster of time, effort and money.

There are plenty of job options in front of you after the B.Sc in nursing course. Therefore I would strongly recommend against doing MBBS and suggest you either do job after B.Sc in Nursing or pursue further studies.

There are plenty of jobs offered by the central government for the nursing candidates. You can look for the job opening in any government hospital. The Public Service Commission conducts exam to recruit the B.Sc in Nursing graduates to government hospitals.

There is also option for you to work for Indian Army as the nurse and take care of the injured soldiers of Indian army.

You may not find the job in Indian Railways as well. The Union Public Service Commission or Railway Recruitment Board recruit the B.Sc in Nursing candidates for the Railway jobs. You will have to appear in a entrance exam and pass it successfully to get the job.

Another good option for you is Public Sector Undertakings. Some PSU like Steel Authority of India Limited offers nursing jobs for the posts like nursing section chief, senior nurse, patient coordinator, nursing supervisor, nursing sister etc. You will have to qualify the entrance exam to get such jobs.

There are also job openings in private hospitals where you will have apply in each hospital separately. Indian nurses are also in demand in countries like United States.

If you wish to pursue further studies then options I would recommend to you are M.Sc followed by PhD. You can also do MBA course. But I would strongly urge you not to waste time doing MBBS.
26th July 2012, 11:18 AM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Why do you want to do MBBS after B.Sc in nursing. It makes absolutely no sense. If you wanted to MBBS then you should not have done B.Sc in nursing. Please do not get me wrong this is the advice I would give to anyone who would ask this question.

You see B.Sc in Nursing is 4 years long course, doing MBBS would mean another 5 years to you. I hope you are not thinking about any lateral entry for the B.Sc nursing candidate because let me tell you there isn't any. Even if any university offers you such entry don't fall for it because Medical Council of India will not recognise your degree and it would be waster of time, effort and money.

There are plenty of job options in front of you after the B.Sc in nursing course. Therefore I would strongly recommend against doing MBBS and suggest you either do job after B.Sc in Nursing or pursue further studies.

There are plenty of jobs offered by the central government for the nursing candidates. You can look for the job opening in any government hospital. The Public Service Commission conducts exam to recruit the B.Sc in Nursing graduates to government hospitals.

There is also option for you to work for Indian Army as the nurse and take care of the injured soldiers of Indian army.

You may not find the job in Indian Railways as well. The Union Public Service Commission or Railway Recruitment Board recruit the B.Sc in Nursing candidates for the Railway jobs. You will have to appear in a entrance exam and pass it successfully to get the job.

Another good option for you is Public Sector Undertakings. Some PSU like Steel Authority of India Limited offers nursing jobs for the posts like nursing section chief, senior nurse, patient coordinator, nursing supervisor, nursing sister etc. You will have to qualify the entrance exam to get such jobs.
26th July 2012, 12:20 PM
ngopichand

Dear friend,

if you want to do MBBS, your educational qualification should complete intermediate or 12th in BiPC group.
B.Sc nursing is also having many opportunities.
Doing B.Sc nursing is not an added advantage to join in MBBS.
If you really wants to do MBBS, then stop studying B.Sc nursing and prepare to join in MBBS by writing entrance tests.

all the best.
28th November 2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Public health nursing BSC and Nursing BSC which one is lucrative?
23rd June 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

can i do MBBS after BSc nursing which i'd completed from Pakistan?
If i can then how and from where??
I want to get proper infornation about it..
Regards:
Umaira
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?