3rd June 2012, 10:23 PM
PRANITA1988

Can I do MCA course after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure?

I have completed my B.com in 2009. Can I do the MCA course after such a long time? What is the term, eligibility criteria of the coourse & the fees for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Fee structure and Duration of CA course? Required Eligibility criteria to pursue this course?
  2. Eligibility criteria of MCA entrance examination? Fee structure of MCA course in top colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get admission for ICWA after completing BBA course? What is the fee structure for ICWAI course?
  4. Edibility for MCA after B.Sc(CS)? Fee structure for MCA?
  5. Eligibility criteria, list of colleges with fee structure and procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Ayurveda) after completing B.A.M.S?
  6. Eligibility criteria for outside Maharashtra students?
  7. Fee structure of doing law course? Eligibility criteria of doing the course?
  8. How to do SAP after completing B.Com? What is the fee structure?
  9. Eligibility criteria to join distance MBA programme? What is the fee structure
  10. How may I get details about fee structure of MCA in AMU and JNU? How may I get full details?
  11. Eligibility, admission, fee structure and duration of AMIE course?
  12. What is the procedure for admission for B.Ed? What is the fee structure and the eligibility criteria?
  13. List of top 10 MCA colleges or universities in European countries? Scope, fee structure and salary expectation after completing MCA? -- [New]
  14. Fee structure of MCA and MBA course? Which course to do after completing BCA?
  15. Details regarding admission criteria and fee structure of CDAC course in Maharashtra?
  16. Required Eligibility criteria and Fee structure to join BAMS through Correspondence in Bangalore?
  17. Criteria of CAT entrance exam along with fee structure? Fee structure of IIM and non IIM institutes?
  18. Procedure and eligibility criteria for CA exam? Fee structure of the course?
4th June 2012, 11:21 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA course after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure?

In order to join MCA course, the candidate should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject at your Graduation level or at 10+2 level.

You mentioned that you have completed your Graduation course in B.Com course. This mean that you might not be having Mathematics as one of the subject in your B.Com course.

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your 10+2.

If you possess Mathematics as one of the subject in your 10+2, then you are eligible to join MCA course.

If you don't have Mathematics as one of the subject in your 10+2, then I am sorry you are not eligible to join MCA course.

The admission to MCA course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university will conduct its own entrance exam to give admission for MCA course.

If you want to get admission for this course in NITs, then I suggest you to crack NIMCET Exam.

Yes. You are eligible to join MCA course even though you are having academic gap.

But, you should be able to give proper explanation regarding your academic gap at the time of Interview.

As you are having big academic gap, you should be able to be strong enough in subject knowledge to get a good job with good salary.

Choose the Entrance Exam which you want to appear for and have good preparation for the same.

Try to secure good rank in the Entrance Exam so that you will be given admission for this course in top colleges.

Wish you all the best.
4th June 2012, 01:12 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: Can I do MCA course after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure?

In order to join MCA course, the candidate should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject at your Graduation level or at 10+2 level.

You mentioned that you have completed your Graduation course in B.Com course. This mean that you might not be having Mathematics as one of the subject in your B.Com course.

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your 10+2.

If you possess Mathematics as one of the subject in your 10+2, then you are eligible to join MCA course.

If you don't have Mathematics as one of the subject in your 10+2, then I am sorry you are not eligible to join MCA course.

The admission to MCA course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university will conduct its own entrance exam to give admission for MCA course.

If you want to get admission for this course in NITs, then I suggest you to crack NIMCET Exam.

Yes. You are eligible to join MCA course even though you are having academic gap.

Specializations available in MCA
Specializations the students can opt during their final year of the MCA course comprise of:
• Application Software
• Development
• Hardware Technology
• Internet
• Software Development Networking
• System Management
• Trouble Shooting
• Engineering

Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course. Students who have finished their graduation in science can also apply. These students must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

Academic Eligibility Criteria for MCA Course
Students who would like to join the MCA course must have a pass in graduation with more than 60 percent marks. They need to write an entrance exam as to get admission into the MCA course.

Top institutions that offer MCA courses include:
• Banaras Hindu University
• Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
• Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
• Calicut University
• Delhi University
• Goa University
• Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
• Jawaharlal Nehru University
• Kerala University
• Madurai Kamaraj University
• Mahatma Gandhi University
• MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
• Nagpur University
• National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut
• Pondicherry Central University
• Pune University
• Punjab University
• Vellore Institute Of Technology
4th June 2012, 06:29 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to sit for the MCA exam is you have to do your bachelor's degree from any recognized university and get 50%.

You should have mathematics as one of your subject in the 10+2 level.

So you are eligible to sit for the exam. The cut off marks for the entrance marks varies from one college to the other.

I have uploaded one pdf for you containing the fee structure of some of the government and private institutions. Go through this one. Hope this one helps you. All the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mca-fees.pdf(190.9 KB, 188 views)
4th June 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA course after completing PGDCA in form of Directorate of Distance education from Subharti University Merrrut? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure?
5th June 2012, 12:41 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

MCA means Master of Computer Applications, to get an admission for MCA course then you are completed your graduation with mathematics subjects and mathematics is compulsory in your 12standard.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

Being a final year candidates are eligible.

It is compulsory i.e mathematics in your 12th standard.

There is no age limit to appear this exam.

The selection process is based on the written test and the interview.

The entrance exams are conducted as state level with a recognised university and also a national level entrance exam NIMCET.

Best of luck...

5th June 2012, 01:52 PM
meeru.khurana

yes you can, some of the institutions promotes this type of higher education, but condition is you have Mathematics/Statistics/Business Maths/Business Statistics /QT as one of the subject at Graduation level. I am from Punjab so i know good colleges where you can get admission like Lovely professional university,CT institutes,Chitkara. you have to explore the net for the some.
9th June 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

i am completed b.com only pass mark ...please suggest to my carear
9th June 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

C.A.T.&C.E.T. out of this two Which Entrance Exam we have to give for MCA ? and how much percent are required for MCA?
13th August 2012, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bcom with DCA and i had maths in my 12th ,so can i do MCA from any top college or is it good to do MCA not MBA.
13th August 2012, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam
i have completed my b.a psychology from madras university to continue my higher education they say i am not eligible for mca why may i know the reason but willing to do mca any other way todo kindly keep me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz i am only in my family to earn and help my parents plz give suggestion
14th August 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for mca after completing graduation(b.com).
15th August 2012, 04:06 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRANITA1988 View Post
I have completed my B.com in 2009. Can I do the MCA course after such a long time? What is the term, eligibility criteria of the coourse & the fees for the same?
Yes you can do MCA in spite of such a long gap.
Eligibility criteria of MCA is that you must be graduated from recognized university. The students from Bca,BBA, bcom can do MCA easily.But some of the universities have compulsion that you must have mathematics as a subject in your 12th std. Academic eligibility includes that you must have passed graduation with 60% marks from any recognized university. For taking admission in MCA you have to clear entrance exam for this course.
As per eligibility criteria you are eligible for MCA.
Regarding fee structure i would like to say that it varies from college to college so go through that particular college's website in which you want to take admission.
Thank you...!
13th September 2012, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

can i do mca after my graduation
16th November 2012, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

i am a TY-BMS student & wish to apply for MCA course.But i had a backlog of 2 years.i don't have maths at 12th but i studied business maths & statistics at grad.level. will this create problems in admission process?
15th March 2013, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Can i do MCA after completing Bcom with computer application
15th March 2013, 06:34 PM
riyaz rizzu

dear friend,
you can join MCA after along gap also.you have to appear for icet exam.and the course fee for MCA is 29500.it might differ from state to state.
15th March 2013, 06:36 PM
riyaz rizzu

dear friend,
you can join MCA after along gap also.you have to appear for icet exam.and the course fee for MCA is 29500.it might differ from state to state.
23rd March 2013, 08:40 PM
MAKES 25
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can I do MCA course after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRANITA1988 View Post

DEAR FRIEND,

M.C.A IS VERY BRIGHTER SCOPE OF MAKE YOUR CARIER.
M.C.A STANDS FOR MASTER COMPUTER APPLICATION.
IN THIS COURSE YOU HAVE GET TOTAL KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE BOTH.
AFTER COMPLETING B.COM YOU CAN JOIN M.C.A.
IN THIS COURSE YOU HAVE NO REQUIRED AGE LIMIT.
M.C.A IS VERY POPULAR COURSE.

with best wishes of Makes 25.
8th June 2013, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

maina b.com kiya h...is waqt PGDCA kar rahe hu..kya mai iska baad BCA kar sakte hu?
21st November 2013, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Hello,
maine apni 12th commerce stream se kiya hai. mere paas 12th mein math tha but clear nahi hua tha. maine BCA sikkim manipal university se kiya hai. kya mein MCA ke liye elegible hu?? pease sir reply me soon..
Thanks..
18th January 2014, 04:49 PM
Shubra sankar chowdhury

I have completed my B.com in 2012,but my percentage is not so good. Can I do the MCA course? What is the term, eligibility criteria of the coourse & the fees for the same?
27th February 2014, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bcom n i want join in mca wht is the procedure for mca
12th March 2014, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

I am completing b.com bt i dnt have maths in degree bt i have completed 10th with maths bt in graduatio level i have gone through business statistics
22nd November 2014, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

hi i have completed my bcom in the year 2009 i have studied 10 2 with MECA i.e. Mathametics economics commerce and accounts so will i be eligible to do my mca
19th January 2015, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

i have done bca but i dont have math in inter and subsidary paper can i do mca
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?