1st October 2011, 11:20 PM
moresnehallovely

Can I do Ph.D in management after doing M.Com in Business management with 50% marks?

I hav done with my Mcom in Business Management.I hav scored 50% marks.Can I do Phd in management?N from which university.

9th November 2011, 04:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in management after doing M.Com in Business management with 50% marks?

Yes you can opt for the PhD course after completion of the M.com. The minimum eligibility for the PhD course is a post graduation. You can apply for the PhD as a distance as well as the regular course. You need to score at least 50% marks in the PG level. The selection criteria for the PHD course will be different for the different universities. You can select the accredited university. There are many reputed universities which offer the PhD course such as Annamalai University, IGNOU, Sikkim Manipal University etc.
11th November 2011, 02:35 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in management after doing M.Com in Business management with 50% marks?

Indian Institute of Management,Indore (IIMI) provides some important Doctoral Programs in some specialization like:

Communication,

Financial Economics Management

Information Systems Management

Finance and Accounting Management,

Operations Management

Quantitative Techniques Management

Organizational Behaviors and HRM(Human Resource Management),

Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship

Eligibility:

1:you should have a Master degree(Post Graduation) in any discipline with minimum 55% marks and minimum 50% marks in Bachelor degree (Graduation)

or

2:you have to qualify CA(Chartered Accountant), ICWA(Institute of Cost and Works Accountants Of India), CS(Company Secretary) exam with minimum 55% marks with minimum two years works experience
after getting the degree.

or

3:you should have the B.E or B.Tech degree minimum 50% marks with minimum two years work experience after getting the degree.

Selection of the candidate:you will be chosen on the basis of your marks in Common Admission Test(CAT) of IIMs

or

on the basis of rank in one of the GMAT or GRE or GATE or UGC-JRF in Research exam.

Time of exam:generally the examination is conducted at IIM Indore in February-March every year

for more visit:www.iimidr.ac.in
29th February 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

I have got 50% in m.com. from where can i do phd in management
11th September 2012, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

I have done M.Com in business management. will it be treated as an equivalent to PGDBM or MBA ?
18th January 2013, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

i am Company Secretary.. i ve not done Maters.... can i do PH.d in law or management???
30th August 2014, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I m mcom so nw can I get admtn phd in management if yes then what is the process??
I m also preparing fpr jrf..
1st October 2020, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

What shall i do after completion of mcom
5th March 2021, 06:05 PM
Maahi14

Yes, definitely you can apply for PhD as you satisfy it's eligibility criteria. The selection for PhD in various colleges are based on the entrance exam and interview. As you clear this you can start your PhD life.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?