13th February 2013, 03:15 PM
lkshn143

Can I do regular MBA course after completing B.Com course with 49% marks

Hi Sir / Madam,

Can I do Regular MBA course having completed B.Com course with 49% of marks?

Warm Regards,

Lokesh N

18th March 2013, 08:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do regular MBA course after completing B.Com course with 49% marks

Graduation with at least 50% marks is the basic qualification for MBA. Admission to the course is done via admission tests like CAT, MAT, and XAT. 50% marks in degree is mandatory for attending most of the entrance exams. But there are no such specifications for MAT. Qualifying this exam will help you to join management colleges.
19th March 2013, 11:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do regular MBA course after completing B.Com course with 49% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkshn143 View Post
Hi Sir / Madam,
Can I do Regular MBA course having completed B.Com course with 49% of marks?
Warm Regards,
Lokesh N
You have completed B.Com degree with above 49% marks so you are applicable for MBA course but you are not applicable for CAT ,TANCET MBA etc MBA entrance exam.

But don't worry you are applicable for MAT entrance exam.

Because MAT exam required only graduation degree , not required any kind of percentage marks .Final year of graduate candidate can apply here.

MAT exam is conduct 4 times in year so you can apply here .

MAT exams consist of below given topics .You should prepare well on this topics .

-Language Comprehension
-Mathematical Skills
-Data Analysis and Sufficiency
-Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
-Indian and Global Environment

I have listed some books name which are help you for your preparation-

Study Package For Management Aptitude Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata Mgraw Hill
ISBN: 0070221154

MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Exams
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications
ISBN: 8183550991

MAT Entrance Examination Guide
by Editorialrph Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
ISBN: 8178120437

Mat Management Aptitude Test: Fast Track Preparat
by Ravi Chopra Kant Chopra A Ghosh D
Publisher: Radhika Publication
ISBN: 8185864314

MAT Topicwise Analysis & Solution
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications
ISBN: 8183553664

If you have scored good in MAT exam , then you will get admission in below given colleges-

Top Colleges which accepts MAT scores:

Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
Address: Plot No. 5, Knowledge Park II Greater Noida PIN - 201306
Contact No: 120 - 2323001,2323010

Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade, Hyderabad
Address: Kachiguda Station Road Hyderabad 500027
Contact No: 40 - 24741610

PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
Address: PB No. 1668, Peelamedu, Pin-641004
Contact No: 422 - 2577252,4304400

Alliance Business School, Bangalore
Address: Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapur - Anekal Main Road PIN-562106
Contact No: 80 - 30938000

IILM Institute for Higher Education, Lodhi Road
Address: Lodhi Institutional Area, Lodhi Road Pin code : 110003
Contact No: 11 - 30934456,30934336

Indian Institute of Materials Management (IIMM), Pune
Address: 721/2-A, Indulal Complex, Office No. 310, L. B. Shastri Road, Navi Peth, Pin- 411030
Contact No: 20 - 24532116,24530653
Year of Establishment :1975

20th March 2013, 07:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Lokesh,

The Acronym "MBA" stands for Masters in Business Administration.

This is a Masters degree course having the time span of 2 years which deals with various business strategies and marketing tips and techniques that transforms you from a novice to a Marketing expert after the completion of this course.

As you have just 49% marks in graduation , so you cannot appear in various MBA Examinations such as :

CAT [Common Admission Test]

GMAT [ Graduate Management Aptitude Test]

TANCET

XAT

However , you need not to worry as still you can pursue the MBA Course as there are colleges which offer the MBA Course to students who have less than 50% marks in graduation.

Also , you are eligible for the MAT [Management Aptitude Test].

MAT is conducted by the All India Management Association 4 times in a year.

The Minimum educational qualification for MAT is graduation in any stream with a minimum of 45% marks from any recognized university.

So , i advise you to appear in the Management Aptitude Test and try your best to crack this examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
20th March 2013, 02:20 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Lokesh,

The acronym for MBA is Masters in Business Administration.

MBA is a two yrs post-graduation course.

Yes, you are eligible for regular MBA course. But, you are only eligible for MAT(Management Aptitude Test) entrance examination.

You are not eligible for GMAT, TANCET, CAT, XAT entrance examinations due to your 49% marks in B.Com.

AIMA(All India Management Association) conducts MAT examination four times every year.

The eligibility criteria required for MAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any track from any recognized college or university.

* 45% marks required in graduation for MAT examination.

22nd March 2013, 12:02 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you can do Regular MBA after completing your Graduation with 49% marks.

Many MBA colleges does not ask for minimum marks in Graduation to apply for the MBA admissions.

MBA selection procedure Involves:
Written Test
Group Discussion
Interviews

You cannot apply for the CAT,SNAP and CMAT MBA written tests

But you can apply for the:

>> MAT- Conducted by AIMA ,Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass
MAT exams are conducted 4 times in a year

>> XAT-Conducted by XLRI ,Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass
XAT exams are conducted just once each year in the month of January
forms comes out in August each year
31st March 2013, 02:28 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of MBA is Master in Business Administration.

Exactly, you can do regular MBA course; but only Management Aptitude Test after finishing B.Com course.

MBA is a two years program. It includes of four semesters.

Upon completion of the MBA, graduates will be prepared for careers in a variety of occupations.

They will have the opportunity to obtain positions within the areas of management, marketing, finance, nonprofit management, insurance, and banking within business, non-profit, and public settings.

The educational qualification regarding with MAT exam is finishing of bachelor degree with 45% marks from any approved institution.

Thanks.

18th July 2013, 01:25 AM
whiteblossom

To do MBA one must have 50% marks at the bachelors degree .
also one has to go through various entrance exam.

But MAT is one of the entrance exam for which no restriction of marks at graduation levelis mentioned .So dear friend you can surely do MBA through MAT even if you have 49% marks .
18th July 2013, 09:04 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for regular MBA course after completing B.Com. with 49% marks.

MBA - Master of Business Administration, is a two year Post Graduation Degree course and can be pursed after Graduation Degree in any stream through cracking entrance exam like CAT/MAT etc.

You will not be eligible to apply for CAT(Common Admission Test) as the minimum marks required in Graduation is 50% but you are eligible to apply for MAT as there is no percentage of marks criteria in Graduation.

MAT - Management Aptitude Test, conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University, can apply for MAT. There is no upper age limit for application to MAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?