24th July 2019, 12:53 PM
Gopi modukuri

Can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech directly after 3 years Diploma course?

Currently, my age is 24 years and after completing 10th I started with Diploma in Civil Engineering. I have completed Diploma recently. Now, can I take admission in B.Tech or BE in Civil Engineering? Can I get direct 2nd year admission?

30th July 2019, 07:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech directly after 3 years Diploma course?

Yes, you can get admission in second year of B.Tech course directly after completion of your three years Diploma course. Candidates who have passed three years Diploma in Engineering course are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. You have to appear and qualify the lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc.,. which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education to get admission in second year of B.Tech course.
31st July 2019, 12:20 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech directly after 3 years Diploma course?

Yes, candidates passed diploma course are eligible to get admission in the B.Tech or B.E course through lateral entry in 2nd year of course.

The entrance examination is conducted for the admission in the course.

So, you have to qualify in examination for admission on government institutions.
31st July 2019, 12:52 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Admission in most of the colleges and premier private colleges in lateral entry is conductes through entrance test.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the entrance test for the admission in the course.

You are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?