25th May 2011, 02:01 AM
Shubham9300

Can I get admission to any NIT through NIMCET after studying Biology in 12th standard?

Sir,
I had completed my BCA in 2010 and had completed bridge course in it.and i had done 12th with bio as my subject

I had given NIMCET 2011 exam and now some people r saying that i'll be not able to get admission in NIT since i am a bio student can u please help me .
please help as soon as possible.

25th May 2011, 01:10 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to any NIT through NIMCET after studying Biology in 12th standard?

To get the admission in the NIT’s through the NIMCET math is a compulsory subject in your 12th class with the 60% marks.

You don’t have math subject in your 12th class so sorry you are not eligible to get admission in the NIT’s through the NIMCET.

There could be one way if you have applied for math exam for 12th class through the NIOS, then there could be chance to get admission.
25th May 2011, 01:15 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to any NIT through NIMCET after studying Biology in 12th standard?

The eligibility criteria for NIMCET is-
• Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of 12th level with Mathematics.
• Bachelor’s Degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized University with any one of the following as one of the subjects Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics, Elementary Statistics
• Those who have done Bridge Course in Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
• Students completing degree from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their course is approved by UGC/AICTE / Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
10th August 2011, 05:03 PM
DN358
Banned

• Bachelor’s Degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized University with any one of the following as one of the subjects Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics, Elementary Statistics
• Those who have done Bridge Course in Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
• Students completing degree from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their course is approved by UGC/AICTE / Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
28th December 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I scord 78% in class X and 68% in XII
And in graduation i got 58% am i eligible for nimcett or vitmee..
25th January 2012, 01:13 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

To get the admission in the NIT’s through the NIMCET math is a compulsory subject in your 12th class with the 60% marks.

You don’t have math subject in your 12th class so sorry you are not eligible to get admission in the NIT’s through the NIMCET.

There could be one way if you have applied for math exam for 12th class through the NIOS, then there could be chance to get admission.
29th January 2012, 03:13 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hello,
You have many options that can be used after passing your 12th grade including engineering, medical sciences, commerce, banking, arts and computer engineering.The best option after !2th is Engineering. You can prepare for AIEEE, JEE exams and if you dont want to go with Engineering, you can go for BCA, BBA.
and if you want to make career in computers the best option for you is BCA after
12th you can apply for the same. you can also prepare for government services like ias, navy.
you can give ies exam.
all the very best
16th March 2012, 12:05 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of 12th level with Mathematics.Bachelor’s Degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized University with any one of the following as one of the subjects Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics, Elementary Statistics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?