13th August 2013, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in M.Tech after doing B.E in computer engineering?

i have done B.E in computer engineering. but i dont have enough cgpa i.e. 5.5 , so if i qualify gate exam then can i get admission in mtech or due to less B.E marks i cant ????

28th August 2016, 04:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech after doing B.E in computer engineering?

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. This is a post graduation course in technology of duration two years. The admission in M.Tech course is given on basis of marks secured in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology and sometimes by IISC, Bangalore also. For example GATE 2017 will be conducted by IIT, Roorkee.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam is:

>>Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply for GATE exam. You are eligible to apply for GATE exam with 5.5 CGPA in B.Tech.

If you secure a better rank in GATE exam, there will be no problem in getting admission in good institutes like IIT or NIT for M.Tech course. You must aim to secure more than 60 marks out of 100 to have good chance of getting admission in this colleges.
1st September 2016, 12:04 AM
veera7385
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech after doing B.E in computer engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for master in engineering course after completion of Bachelor degree in the same.

To do your masters degree, you can try hard for gate examination. Gate examination is graduate aptitude test in engineering. This examination is conducted once in a year by Indian institute of technology. It is an online examination.

Those who get admission to master using gate score will be given a stipend of Rs.12,000 per month in goverment and government aided engineering colleges in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?