20th May 2014, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Can I get electrical engineering by taking Bio?

can i do electricl engeniring by taking bio...Please tell me the details

27th June 2015, 08:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get electrical engineering by taking Bio?

Yes one can take electrical engineering or any other any other engineering course by taking biology in their senior secondary degree but along with these you must have physics, chemistry and mathematics in the same degree course.

The minimum requirement for pursuing a engineering course is senior secondary degree course with PCM as the main subjects with at least 50% in each mentioned subjects from a recognized board.

Also as the electrical engineering course is a engineering trade with high scopes so you one has to score much more than the 50% aggregate along with cracking engineering entrance examination such as JEE, State EEE, COMED-K, SRMEEE, VITEEE,etc..

Also if you do not have Mathematics in your 12th then you can go for the Microbiology, Biotechnology, Genetic engineering, Biochemical engineering trades which too have good scopes in the future.
28th June 2015, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

No.you can not get admission in elect. Engineering if you have biology subject in (10+2) .
For getting admission in any engineering field , you must have maths in science stream in (10+2).

Eligibility of elect. Engineering

You should have qualification of (10+2) with PCB in science stream.

Here , you also have a great opportunity in medical field & can get admission in any medical field or B.sc or B.pharm

scope after 12the science with biology subject

- BAMS
- BHMS
- BDS
- MBBS
- MS
- B.Sc
- Biomedical engineering
- B.pharm
28th June 2015, 01:17 PM
kavitagopani

Yes, but it will be very difficult process. You need to get some senior secondary course that contains mathematics as a subject.

By taking Biology also there are many good courses to apply. But still if you wish to do electrical then mathematics is the mandatory subject.

Go for what you love. Do not take any decision in compulsion or hurry. If your maths is very good then only go for such a big change. If maths is not that good or is very poor then biology fields are best.

All the best
28th June 2015, 02:54 PM
sumansahujadam

Dear Aspirant,

yes you can get electrical engineering by taking bio, but you have to cleared your Senior 12th class with Physics, Chemistry And Maths..then you can give the Engineering entrance exam after that just join the college with Electrical engineering.

Other wise you can not give the Ele. Engg. With Boi..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?