27th February 2019, 04:30 AM
TamanaPl

Can I get scholarship being a 12th NIOS student? Eligibility to study BCA(H)?

Sir, I am doing 12th from NIOS Board. I want to do BCA(H) course. I just want to know that as I am an NIOS student then I can get scholarship? And also let me know that am I eligible to study BCA(H) course?

28th February 2019, 09:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get scholarship being a 12th NIOS student? Eligibility to study BCA(H)?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is a Central government recognized board which conducts exam at secondary and senior secondary level. The certificates and marksheet of this board is fully valid for scholarships and higher studies.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. You can apply for BCA course after pursuing 12th from NIOS board.
28th February 2019, 09:52 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get scholarship being a 12th NIOS student? Eligibility to study BCA(H)?

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS is a fully recognized board. There is no doubt regarding its validity. You can get scholarship as well as apply for Bachelor of Computer Application course.

Eligibility criteria for BCA course:

1. You must have done 12th from a recognized board with English as one of the compulsory subjects.

For admission in good colleges, you must have better percentage of marks in 12th course.
28th February 2019, 05:45 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

About its recognition: It is 100% valid board for secondary and senior secondary.

Eligibility criteria for BCA course: 12th passed from any recognized board with any English as one of the compulsory subjects.

You can get scholarship being a 10th NIOS student and pursue BCA course also.
28th February 2019, 06:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can get scholarship being a NIOS student also.
NIOS board is also recognized that is why it is also valid.

Eligibility to pursue BCA (H) is as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their 12th from a recognized board in any of the stream.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate.
28th February 2019, 09:35 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

Marksheet and certificates of this board is valid for higher studies and government jobs.

You can also study Bachelor of Computer application after 12th from NIOS board.
28th February 2019, 10:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognised board under MHA.

So, candidates passed 12th are eligible to get scholarship if any offered on the basis of aggregate in the board examination.

The eligibility to get admission in BCA course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper. It is three year course.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in the course.
7th March 2019, 01:44 PM
Prince881993

Dear Aspirant,

Eligibility for BCA (Hons) is 50% marks in 12th from a recognized board. As you are doing 12th in NIOS , you are eligible.

Following Institutes are providing BCA(Hons)
Amity University
Lovely professional University
Delhi University
ITM University
Maharishi Markandeshwar University

Good luck!
25th August 2021, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

How much scholarship I get after passing the senior secondary exam from nios?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?