30th January 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I give PO exam after passing with 55%?

Sir, l got 55% in 1st and 2nd yr so can i give p.o exam and right now lam in 3rd yr

31st January 2012, 01:11 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I give PO exam after passing with 55%?

Dear friend,
You scored 55% marks in graduation

I must say that maximum no of banks want minimum 60% marks in graduation and 12th standard examination.But you have scored 55% in graduation.

You can appear for these banks :

1.Grameen bank
2.Yes bank
3.Dena bank
4.HDFC bank
5.Mallabhum bank

But you can not appear for these banks :

1.SBI
2.UBI
3.ICICI BANK
4.AXIS BANK
5.PNB

All the best....
31st January 2012, 04:00 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, l got 55% in 1st and 2nd yr so can i give p.o exam and right now lam in 3rd yr
ELIGIBILITY FOR PO

Any person who has completed his or her graduation with minimum 55% aggregate marks from any recognized university is eligible for bank PO.

But the criteria of marks may differ from bank to bank. Sometimes the criteria raises upto 60%, sometimes decreases to 50%. So everything depends upon the bank.

So you have to read the notification of each bank individually to know that if you are eligible or not.

There will always be a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.

And 2nd thing is, your age should be between 21 years to 30 years. the maximum age limit for SC/ST is 35 years.

And it would be better if you have a certificate in computers from institutes like NIIT etc.

So if you are in your 3rd and if this is your final year, then you may be eligible for some banks if they allow final year students to sit for the exam. So you have to read the notification carefully before applying for any bank PO exam.
3rd February 2012, 09:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST

BANK PO PATTERN

BEST BOOKS FOR BANK PO EXAM

I have attached some question paper of BANK PO exam so please check it out.
3rd February 2012, 07:57 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes your eligible to apply for Bank po Examination in both the private as well as government banks , If your interested to apply for Bank po Examination then you should complete bachelor degree from recognized university then only your eligible for Bank po Examination .

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO Examination :-

The aspirant should qualified in Bachelor degree or equivalent Examination in any discipline from recognized university .

OR

The aspirant should be qualified in Master degree in any stream from recognized university .

OR

The aspirant should be qualified in Professional courses like , CA / ICWA / CS course .

The aspirant should be Minimum 60% percentage of marks in Bachelor degree and relaxation is applicable for sc/st and obc candidates .

The aspirant age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation is given for ,

-For SC/ST candidates for 5 years
-For OBC candidates for 3 years

The aspirant should have qualified in Computer course from recognized Institution .

So , your eligible for Bank po Examination , your eligible to apply for any bank depends upon your interest .
3rd February 2012, 08:05 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

* Eligibility Criteria for Bank’s Probationary Officer(PO) exam:

1. Educational Qualification ::

The applicant must hold his/ her Degree of Graduation from a government recognized university with an aggregate of at least 55% in order to appear in the ICICI Bank’s.

2. Age Limit ::

The age limit prescribed by the bank authorities is 25 yrs. A person more than 25 yrs of age is not eligible for the post of Probationary Officer in the ICICI Bank according to the guidelines provided by the bank.

3. Computer Skill ::

The applicant must possess a good command over computer applications to be a part of the above mentioned programme.

4. Banking Skill ::

The applicant must have the basic banking knowledge and skills to be a part of the above mentioned programme.

good luck.
3rd February 2012, 08:22 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

You can apply in BANK PO examination only after completing your graduation from recognized university with at least 55% marks.

if possible you should maintain 60% marks overall because than only you will be able to give away almost all bank PO examination.

BUT some how if you will maintain only 55% marks in your graduation than you will not be able to give away exam of some very important BANKS.

Eligibility for apply in the bank PO examination.

A.Graduation from recognized university with at least 55% to 60% marks.

B.Age-between 21 to 30yrs.

2.For Detail Information

READ

EMPLOYMENT NEWSPAPER

DAILY NEWSPAPER LIKE

THE TIMES OF INDIA OR HINDUSTAN TIMES OR OTHER NEWSPAPERS.

REGULARLY OR YOU CAN VISIT WEBSITE - www.employmentnews.gov.in

3.ENTRANCE EXAM QUESTIONS PATTERN

Quantitative aptitude - 50 QUESTIONS
English - 50 QUESTIONS
reasoning - 50 QUESTIONS
General awareness - 50 QUESTIONS
and
computer - 50 QUESTIONS

250 QUESTIONS (AROUND) OF OBJECTIVE TYPES.

If you clear the entrance examination you will be called for interview.

After clearing the interview successfully.

you will get the job.
3rd February 2012, 08:39 PM
anlakshmi

Yes, You are Eligible for Bank PO Recruitment Examination Post for Both Nationalized as well as Private !!

The Minimum Eligiblity to apply for Bank PO examination was Graduation, Graduate passed candidates may fill the Application form of bank PO After declaring the Notification, The eligibility Criteria are vary form Banks to Banks, But graduation is the Minimum eligibility.

For Nationalized banks Like IBPS and SBI, You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, There is No minimum percentage is required to apply for Bank PO Examination any Graduate passed candidates are eligible for Bank PO examination.

For IDBI Bank PO Examination, You have to be a Graduate from a recognized University with 55% marks in aggregate.

For Canara Bank : You have to complete your Graduate degree course with Minimum 60% marks form a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 years.

For ICICI Banks : You have to Completed your graduation with 55% (Aggregate) in any discipline form a recognised Institutions and your age should not be more Than 25 years.

So, You are eligible for Various Bank PO Recruitment examination, So please wait for The Notification and then apply for Bank PO Examination Online.

The Notification will be Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the official website after declaration. The examination fees are also vary form bank to bank.

Age Eligiblity :

For SBI Bank : Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

For IBPS Bank : Your age should between 20 to 30 years.

Relaxation of 5 Years is applicable for SC/ST Candidates and 3 Year relaxation is applicable for OBC Candidates.

>> There is no Restrictions to apply for bank examination in Number of attempts. But for SBI Bank PO Examination, General candidates will gets 4 Chance, OBC Candidates will get 7 attempts and No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So, please do not worry because you are eligible for Bank PO Examination.
3rd February 2012, 10:59 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

PO which means Probationary Officer is one of the important post in Bank. To join as a Bank PO you must appear in an exam conducted by the banks. For appearing in this exam each bank has its own eligibility criteria list. But most of the banks consider the following as the eligibility criteria.

1. The candidate must be an Indian to appear in this exam

2. You must have completed your graduation of any discipline from a recognized
university of India.

3. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years.

4. You must have acquired at least 55% as an aggregate in your graduation.
Some banks requires 60%.

Thus, you are eligible for appearing in most of the Bank's PO exams. Other than those banks which require 60%.
3rd February 2012, 11:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I give PO exam after passing with 55%?

Quote:
Hey friend,

Yeah there are chances that you can get to write the Bank PO Exam with getting 55% aggregate.

The procedure for joining in Bank PO exam is by satisfying the eligibility criteria framed by the banks which is conducting the exam.

Eligibility for Bank PO:

> Candidate need to be a citizen of India

> The candidate applying for the exam must have a age limit of 21-30 years

> Education qualification for the Bank PO exam is that the candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university.

> Candidate appearing for the exam must have known about computers and working on MS Office

If you tend to satisfy all the eligibility criteria framed by these exam,you can then apply for the exam

Pattern for Bank PO:

For more information regarding the exam check at the official site of the Bank in which you are applying for.

ALL THE BEST
28th February 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

i got compt. in 3rd year of my graduation plz tell me if i am eligible to give po exam.
4th April 2012, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

before po exam do i have to giv any entrance exam like cat plz explain the procodure..
9th May 2012, 02:12 PM
tash1991

Hello Sir,

you are eligible for PO exam with 55% but after you qualify in IBPS Exam every bank different requirements for calling interview..some bank ask 55%,some bank ask 60% etc...
29th July 2012, 10:47 PM
samatha89
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I give PO exam after passing with 55%?

I must say that maximum no of banks want minimum 60% marks in graduation and 12th standard examination.But you have scored 55% in graduation.

You can appear for these banks :

1.Grameen bank
2.Yes bank
3.Dena bank
4.HDFC bank
5.Mallabhum bank

But you can not appear for these banks :

1.SBI
2.UBI
3.ICICI BANK
4.AXIS BANK
5.PNB
15th November 2012, 11:51 AM
suraj391

yes u can after passing u r exam u can get a job

Probationary Officer exam for banks generally conducted by
SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) time to time as per their requirement.

You are definately eligible for bank jobs
as you have completed MCA and have passed Graduation with 86% u should also be selected at a good post

You can apply for computer operator in the bank who can chwck the daily updates and handle work more efficiently

Today in Banks there are also Online services so u are eligible for that also

U will definately get a job in a bank

thaaxss
15th November 2012, 07:00 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

To be eligible to appear for Bank Probationary Officer (PO) examination the candidate must have a Graduation degree in any of the dicepline other than fine arts.

For most the PO examination minimum acceptable marks are 60% in aggregate of all major subjects of graduation but there are some bank exams which accept 55% marks but its just subject to eligiblity criteria of different banks in which you are planning to appear.

Other than this, relaxation is always available to both OBC and SC/ST candidates in which you can expect relaxation upto great extent. Along with your marks, your eligibilty may also be altered by your age as on the date of examination.

Otherwise you can always appear for bank clerical recruitment examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?