5th February 2012, 01:42 PM
RajanPanicker

Can I go for IFS Entrance Exam being a candidate from B.Sc Agriculture?

I am Bsc Agriculture.
Kindly let me know if I can go for IFS entrance exam.

tnks/rajan

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get selected to write IFS entrance exam after completing BSc?
  2. What are the best possible combinations with agriculture for IFS examination
  3. Details about BSc Agriculture entrance exam notification? Best institutes for BSc Agriculture course in Kerala?
  4. IFS Agriculture (Paper I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. IFS Agriculture (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Date of BSc Agriculture exam? Best institutes of BSc Agriculture in AP?
  8. Can I do B.Sc in Agriculture after Diploma in Agriculture?
  9. How to apply for B.Sc(agriculture)? Is EAMCET rank needed to get a seat in B.Sc(agriculture)? List of exams I should write to get admission in the same?
  10. B.Sc Agriculture or B.tech Agriculture which course will I get having 572 rank in SHIATS University entrance exam?
  11. How can I get the forest range officer model question papers?
  12. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry?
  13. What should I do after 12th for a bright future other than Medical? -- [New]
  14. Which is relatively easier among Agriculture and forestry? Books to be referred for IFS exam preparation?
  15. How to join Agriculture BSc or Agriculture B.Tech?
  16. How to join Agriculture BSc or Agriculture B.Tech?
  17. Information about Indian Forest Service Exam? Any Training institutes for IFS exam preparation?
  18. Which other course should I do if unable to join Agriculture honours?
12th February 2012, 01:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for IFS Entrance Exam being a candidate from B.Sc Agriculture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajanPanicker View Post
I am Bsc Agriculture.

tnks/rajan
IFS Stands for Indian Forest Services and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year.

To apply for this examination you must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years to apply for this examination.

Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

~~ You have completed your Graduate degree course in Agriculture, So you are eligible for this examination

~~ The Notification of this examination will be published soon on 31/March/2012

~~ Last date of apply for this examination online : 30/April/2012

So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the online application form and if you need more information then check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
12th February 2012, 01:56 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for IFS Entrance Exam being a candidate from B.Sc Agriculture?

Quote:
I am Bsc Agriculture.

tnks/rajan

HI,
Yes you can apply for I.F.S..
I.F.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

DATE FOR INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAM, 2012
Date of notification:- 31.03.2012
Last date for submission of form:- 30.04.2012(MONDAY)
Date of Exam:- 14.07.2012 (SATURDAY)
12th February 2012, 02:50 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IFS exam is an civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..
Before appearing in that exam you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility for IFS exam:-
-----------------------

----------->Education qualification<------------

1.Candidate must have complete the bachelor's degree in fields like- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in streams like-
Agriculture
Forestry
Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam..

3.candidate must not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

------------>Age eligibility<------------

1.candidates age should be in between 21-30 yeras.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

----------->Nationality<--------------

1.candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..

As you have done B.sc in agriculture field then you are surely eligible for the exam..

So, get prepare for the exam..
All the best.
12th February 2012, 06:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I am Bsc Agriculture.

tnks/rajan
B.Sc Agriculture department are applicable for IFS exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam which is conducted once time in year.

Those candidate have graduation degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

The IFS exam notification will be announced on 31.03.2012.

The examination Date will be 14.07.2012.

The last date of submission of form for IFS exam30.04.2012.

For examination schedule you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th February 2012, 01:23 AM
prince222

IFS ---- Indian Forest Services and UPSC conduct it evry year
but you should have Bachelor's degree in Agriculture. So no problem,you are eligible for this examination. Please wait for the Notification and then fill the online application form and also check for their official website.
21st April 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have a surgery at age of 14 in appendix case. Can I apply IFS.
2nd March 2013, 10:17 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
I am Bsc Agriculture.

tnks/rajan
Yes Off Course your eligible for IFS Entrance Examination after Completing your B.sc Agriculture course ..

Note :- You should Complete your graduation course without any backlogs then Only your eligible for IFS Entrance Examination ..

### IFS stands for India Forest Service ###

This Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission . This Examination is held in every once in a year .

Eligibility Criteria required for IFS Examination :-

Age Criteria :-

>> The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years

>> Relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Educational Qualifications :-

>> You need Complete graduation in any one of the Following Subjects like, Animal Husbandry / Veterinary Science / Botany / Chemistry / Geology / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics / Agriculture and Zoology Etc.. from recognized University .

>> Final year candidate can also eligible to apply for this Examination .

>> Pass Mark is enough to apply for this Examination

Number of Attempts :-

For General Candidates :- 4 Times
For OBC Candidates :- 7 Times
For SC/ST Candidates :- No Limit

Coaching Classes for IFS Examination :-

-Career Launcher
-Success IAS Academy
-Anand Institute of Mathematics
-Brilliant

Salary for IFS Officers :-

# Deputy Conservator :- 14,300 - 18,300
# Conservator of Forest :- 16,400 -20,000
# Chief Conservator of Forest :- 18,400 - 22,400
# Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest :- 22,400 -24,500
# Principal Chief Conservator of Forest :- 24,050 - 26,000
2nd March 2013, 03:56 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific exam as IFS entrance exam.

IFS - Indian Forest Service, to become an IFS officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Yes, you can go for IFS, Civil Service entrance Exam being a candidate after completion of B.Sc. Agriculture.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IFS, Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian national having either appear for the final B.Sc./Forestry/Agriculture/Animal Husbandry etc. exam or pass with Botany, Zoology and Chemistry as subject of studies from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd March 2013, 09:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for Indian Forest Services Examination if you are B.Sc. Agriculture Graduate.

So start preparing for IFS Exam because you are eligible for it provided you have the required age.

Educational Qualification for IFS Examination:

Graduation in any of the following discipline is required for Indian Forest Services.

-Forestry

-Agriculture

-Veterinary Science

-Animal Husbandry

-Botany Or Zoology

-Chemistry

-Geology

-Biochemistry

-Engineering

Age Limit:

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category 21 to 35 years

Selection Procedure:

The selection will be based on the performance in the written examination and interview.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

You can also download the attachment for IFS Exam details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IFS Exam.pdf(163.4 KB, 92 views)
3rd March 2013, 09:35 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IFS Entrance Exam means Indian Forest Service, Civil Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC every year for selection of IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS/IES etc.

So you can give IFS, Civil Service Exam after B.Sc. Agriculture.

The eligible candidate wishing to join IFS must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with Botany/Zoology/Forestry/Animal Husbandry/Agriculture/Veterinary Science/Biotechnology etc. from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2013, 11:10 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I am Bsc Agriculture.

tnks/rajan
Since you have a degree in Agriculture therefore you are most definitely eligible to give the Indian Forest Service Exam. To know in details please read the information below.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. To recruit officers for this service an exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Let me tell you that the notifications for this year's IFS Exam is already out. This year the number of vacancy is 85. Application for this exam needs to be done before 4th April, 2013.

Educational Qualification:- To apply for this exam you need to have a degree in any one of the following: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology.

(OR)

If you have a bachelor's degree in any one of the following subject then also you can apply:- Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognized university.

Age Limit:- The lower age limit is 21 years and for general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years. Age relaxation is there for the reserved category candidates.

Selection Process:- The selection process has slightly changed this year. As the candidates applying for this exam needs to sit for the preliminary exam first which is like a screening test held by the UPSC and finally candidates will be selected for the Main Examination. Lastly there is the interview session to take the final decision.

Application Fee:- As examination fee you need to deposit Rs. 100 in any one of the branch of State Bank of India. Female SC/ST/PH candidates need not pay this amount.

How To Apply:- To apply for the exam you need to log into the official website of UPSC and do the needful. Please remember that the last date to apply for this exam is 4th April, 2013.

Hope this helps :-> :->
3rd April 2013, 03:25 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Rajan,

The acronym for IFS is Indian Forest Services.

Yes Definitely, you are eligible for IFS examination.

IFS is the Forestry service of India. It is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India. Its employees are recruited by the national government but serve under the state governments or Central Government.

Ranks of the Indian Forest Service are as follows:-

* Probationary Officer / Assistant Conservator of Forests.

* Divisional Forest Officer / Deputy Conservator of Forests.

* Conservator of Forests.

* Chief Conservator of Forests.

* Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests.

* Principal Chief Conservator of Forests.

* Director General of Forests.

The selection procedure for IFS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The eligibility criteria required for IFS examination are prescribed as below;-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any accredited college or university.

* Final year graduates are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?