8th December 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for M.Tech after completion of BSc? I am studying 2nd year BSc Microbiology

i am studying in second year of b.sc.microbiology.can i go for m.tech after completion of my b.sc?

Related Questions:
13th December 2012, 03:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for M.Tech after completion of BSc? I am studying 2nd year BSc Microbiology

M.Tech is a master level course in engineering. Those who have qualified engineering degree are only eligible for M.Tech program. Also M.Sc graduates in subjects like Physics, mathematics, or electronics can apply. You can go with M.Sc in Microbiology after B.Sc. With M.Sc degree you can apply for NET exam, through which you can have JRF or lectureship.
15th December 2012, 08:26 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for M.Tech after completion of BSc? I am studying 2nd year BSc Microbiology

It is not possible to apply for M.Tech after completing Bachelor of Science course. However it is possible to apply for the B.Tech through lateral entry after completing Bachelor of Science degree.

Lateral entry means that you will get admission into the second year of Engineering course. After completing B.Tech, you can apply for the Master of Technology course. But right now it is not possible to do so.

For lateral entry, you must score minimum of 50 percent marks in B.Sc. There are colleges that would offer you direct admission. On the other hand there are also several universities that only offer admission through entrance exam. The name of the entrance exam is Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

There is another way to get admission for M.Tech. For that you will have to complete M.Sc or MCA course. Candidates who have completed any of these two courses can also apply for the M.tech. For example, MCA graduates can apply for M.Tech is Computer Science Engineering.

For that you will have to appear for General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE). The GATE exam is conducted for admission in M.Tech. Although some believe that only B.Tech graduates can apply for it.

This is not correct. Candidates who have completed M.Sc and MCA are also eligible to appear for the GATE entrance exam. This is how you can take admission for M.Tech.
31st March 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I study bsc it form sikim manipal university distance education .i can join M -TECH?
31st May 2013, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

can i get m sc in forensic science
without entrence exam..i hav complted my b sc in life science..from d u
13th June 2013, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Is doing MCA after Bsc. CS more beneficial than engineering?
14th June 2013, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR NANO TECNO. IN BSC????????????
3rd June 2014, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

CAN I DO B.S.C-IT AFTER COMPLETION OF 12TH SCIENCE.IS B.S.C-IT OR B.C.A WILL BE BEST FOR ME.AND WHICH COURSE IS BEST FOR FUTURE?
27th April 2017, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for M.Tech after completion of microbiology?I am studying 2nd years BSC Microbiology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?