31st July 2015, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I join B.Tech mechanical after completing diploma in civil engineering

Sir I have completed diploma in civil engineering but I am interested in b.tech mechanical . can join to b.tech mechanical

Related Questions:
  1. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  2. Can I join B.Tech mechanical after completing diploma in civil engineering -- [New]
  3. How should I join B.Tech course after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering?
  4. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  5. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  6. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. After completing diploma in plastic technical will I be able to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
  8. How to take admission in diploma in civil engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  9. How to take admission in B.Tech in automobile engineering after completing diploma from Mechanical Engineering
  10. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
  11. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to join B.E Architecture after completing diploma in civil engineering
  13. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  14. Best course after completing Civil Engineering Diploma?
  15. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  16. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  17. Can I join in 2nd year for B.E Civil after completing diploma in Mechanical
  18. How can I join AME after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Entrance test for admission in AMIE?
4th August 2015, 12:07 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join B.Tech mechanical after completing diploma in civil engineering

Yes, surely you can apply for the mechanical engineering but there are certain things that you should be aware of as they might help/come in the way of your career at the later stage.

1. See, If you opt for the civil branch for your engineering then there will be some advantages that you will get. Those are-

>> You will get direct admission in the 2nd year since you have completed your diploma.
>> During placements also, you will have the better edge because diploma holders are assumed to have better technical knowledge and there diploma+degree holders are given preference over candidates who have only complete their degree.

2. Now, if you want to take mechanical branch for your b.tech, then you will not be eligible for the lateral entry and then you have to appear freshly as the candidate who appears after 12th. In that case neither your diploma in civil will hold much value nor you will be able to extend your skills of your diploma in the degree course.

So, before deciding check every option wisely.
4th August 2015, 02:18 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join B.Tech mechanical after completing diploma in civil engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I have completed diploma in civil engineering but I am interested in b.tech mechanical . can join to b.tech mechanical
You have completed Diploma so no need to worry you are considered as lateral entry student when you join B.Tech. Then you will be directly joining in the B.Tech 2nd year and for that you need to write entrance exam which is conducted by State itself so prepare well.
26th April 2017, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible when anyone can completed diploma in civil branch and he wants to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering?
4th October 2017, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I join b tech in civil engineering through lateral entry after diploma in mechanical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?