25th November 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I join IAF as a technical officer after doing International degree in electrical from USA?

If done an international degree in electrical from USA can i join the IAF as an technical officer.

14th November 2016, 07:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IAF as a technical officer after doing International degree in electrical from USA?

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force after completion of bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from United State of America. The entrance examination is called Air Force Common Admission Test. In short, it is called AFCAT.

AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year for recruitment of candidates into Technical branch, Ground Duty Branch and Flying branch. The eligibility criteria for AFCAT Technical branch is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in science or engineering from any recognized university.

You can apply for AFCAT exam and clear written test and Air Force Service Selection Board to join Indian Air Force as technical officer.
15th November 2016, 01:49 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Default Re: Can I join IAF as a technical officer after doing International degree in electrical from USA?

Yes you can join Indian Air force if you have an international degree from USA. But you should be a citizen of India, only than you are eligible for the job. If you are resident out from India than you are not eligible for the Air force job.
The Nationality required for IAF is as follows:
For Indian Air force the applicant should be a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan Migrate who came the India before the 1 January 1962 with the purpose of eternally settle in India. Other country citizen are not eligible to get job in Indian Air force.

Age Criteria:

1. Permanent Commission:- Maximum age limit is 30, 31 and 32 years for graduates, Post graduate diploma holders and Post graduate degree holders respectively as on 31 December of the calendar year of application.

2. Short Service Commission:- Maximum age limit 45 years as on 31 December of the calendar year of application.

Qualification:

Applicants must possess a Graduation/ Bachelor's degree qualification of an Indian University or a foreign Engineering qualification recognized by the Council of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?