8th September 2020, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force or Army if undergone with sports hernia surgery around 2 years ago?

Sir, can I join Indian Armed Foces specially Air Force or Indian Army after a successful surgery of sports hernia? This surgery has been done before 2 years and at this time my age is 17 years. Please guide me and give a clear advice.

18th September 2020, 04:47 PM
ruckshana

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force or Army if undergone with sports hernia surgery around 2 years ago?

Physical eligibility for armed forces-

• Height eligibility:
*For male candidates, height should not be less than 157.5 cm
*For female candidates, height should not be less than 152 cm

• Physical condition:
* You should not have any skin disease i.e. Acne vulgaris, warts, fungal infection.
* You should not have undergone hernia/abdominal operation in past one year.
* Any disease of bones and joints of the body would lead to immediate rejection.
* Signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessel would lead to rejection.
20th September 2020, 11:41 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force or Army if undergone with sports hernia surgery around 2 years ago?

Un-operated hernias will make a candidate unfit.

In case of Hernia which has been operated, a minimum of one year must have passed prior to final medical examination before commencement of the course.

Yes,you can go ahead to apply for Indian Army..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?