2nd August 2018, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for 21 years son of Ex-Indian Army Officer?

Hi Sir, I have completed my 12th with Science stream. I am 21 years of age and I want to join Indian Air Force. I am a son of an Ex-Indian Army Officer. Please let me know about this immediately. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How can I join Indian Air force or Indian Army after completing B.Tech?
  3. Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Air Force as an Officer after graduation?
  4. Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English literature being a girl candidate?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Army for a son of an Ex-Army Officer? Is there any use of SLC certificate?
  7. Procedure to join Indian Army being a girl
  8. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  9. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  10. Can i join Defence sector after graduation in Textile Engineering?
  11. Can I become Officer in Territorial Army if serving as a Corporal in Indian Air Force?
  12. Is there any entrance exam for Merchant Navy? I am pursuing B.Tech in applied electronics engineering
  13. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  14. Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?
  15. What are the job opportunities in Defence Services for Nursing graduate?
  16. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Air force after diploma in IT?
  18. Being a girl what should I do to become a Flying Officer in Indian Air Force?
5th August 2018, 07:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for 21 years son of Ex-Indian Army Officer?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate and 21 years old, you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force either as an airman or as an officer since your age should lie under 21 years for Airman entry while 19.5 years for officer's entry.

But, in case you are pursuing your bachelor degree course and will finish it by the time you get 24 years old then you can join Indian Air force as a commissioned officer through AFCAT (Air force Common Admission Test ) or CDS (Combined Defense Services ).

For more details regarding different opportunities available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
5th August 2018, 10:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for 21 years son of Ex-Indian Army Officer?

There is one entrance exam called National Defence Academy for joining different wings of Defence conducted by UPSC. But the age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Other exam is Air Force group X/Y exam but here upper age limit is 21 years. You can not apply for both exam.

You need to pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for AFCAT exam after bachelor's degree to join Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?