18th November 2010, 08:48 PM

Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

respected sir,
i have scored 52% in 10th and have taken commerce in which my major subjects are IT & maths sir can i aply in indian army for the post of an officer in technical fields.and i want to do mca after that can i join the army? plz rply as soon as possible!

regards,
rishi shukla

22nd November 2010, 03:32 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

My dear friend,
You are totally confused regarding your career.On the one hand you wanted to earn money by doing MCA & on the other hand you wanted to serve the Nation.But you should choose only one option as Working with the Indian Army, one of the largest and the finest in the world is not just a career; it’s a challenge to serve the nation, an opportunity to be trained in the hi-technology arena and a noble approach to be disciplined, civilized and cultured. The Indian Army recruits, trains and absorbs Indian citizens for various posts in both the officer and other ranks.
Yes, you can join the Indian Army with commerce in 12th class as for officers, the Army recruits on Permanent Commission (absorption till retirement) and Short Service Commission (for a tenure of 5 years) basis. Candidates have to qualify the tests for National Defence Academy (NDA) or the Indian Military Academy (IMA) to join Army as permanent commission.
Candidates who join the Army as Short Service Commission are engaged for tenure of 5 years; however they have the option to continue as permanent commission, if they desire to continue their service further.

Candidates who have passed their class 12 of the 10+2 system of education or equivalent and are within the age group of 161/2 to 19 years are eligible for NDA examination followed by SSB interview. Advertisements are notified twice a year during March/April and October/November by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

For entry in Indian Army through IMA, candidates have the option of Direct Entry, Engineering Graduate Entry, University entry Scheme and 10+2 PCM (Technical) Entry scheme.
So now its your turn to think & take the decision!
22nd November 2010, 04:23 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,for officer rank NDA is the best option for you.as the exam rule candidate should have completed his/her 18 at the time of examination & qualified 10+2 with maths atleast 60%.as you have taken maths for your intermediate. after MCA there might be some age restrictions for you.for more information you can logon to the official website of indian army.
22nd November 2010, 04:34 PM
mdmunna

Arrow Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

You can join the Indian Army after your graduation by taking CDS exam.
Go to upsc.gov.in for details.
You must try after graduation because there is age limit to apply for.

I will suggest you to make your communication skill in English as good as you can and improve your vocabulary to tackle the English section in the paper.

You must join a coaching centre for it if available nearest you.

Your communication must be very good in facing the interview.

So, do hardwork and Good Luck!
22nd November 2010, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

sir how much will i earn if i will become an officer?
and sir is BCA considerd as graduation or not can i apply for IMA after BCA?
9th December 2010, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir, this is my last year of graduation 4m commerce stream, i vl give my final exam in 2011 in the month of march, so after that can i get a chance to join in Indian Army to serve the nation through IMA? If so then what should I do?
11th December 2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

SIR,I AM RISHAD.I AM 12 COMMERCE STUDENT.I AM INTERESTED TO JOIN IN INDIAN ARMY AS CLERK.MY FATHER IS EX-SERVICE MAN.
13th December 2010, 09:18 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

hello friend

yes definitely you can join in army

the selection drive will be every year so be updated

with all the notifications

and be regular reader of employment news

ok

all the best my friend

~aditya~
14th December 2010, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is Prakash Gour and i have completed 10 2 from commerce stream.
Sir if there will be any in vacancy in Indian army then plz plz plz inform me because my aim in life is to join the Indian Army and protect our nation.

my contact number 919435658470

BHARAT MATA KI JAI
11th January 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the process?
15th January 2011, 01:33 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello dear,
Please visit the following link ...u will find it interesting
http://www.careerafter12th.com/?p=342
31st January 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student and i have scored 47% and i want to apply for army can i apply if yes then what are the posts for which i can apply and my age is 20yrs
3rd February 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am commerce student .And want to join Indian Army.Is it possible.If yes,how
12th February 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a commerce student. And I am a karate student. My age is 18 . I want to apply for indian army. Can I Join Indian Army after commerce ?

VINAYAK K.P

'JAI HIND' sir
13th February 2011, 12:24 AM
Bhupesh Arya

dear first you have to deside what do you want to do?yes, you can join army as an officer by doing NDA after B.COM.
BEST OF LUCK
13th February 2011, 02:34 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

Quote:
respected sir,
i have scored 52% in 10th and have taken commerce in which my major subjects are IT & maths sir can i aply in indian army for the post of an officer in technical fields.and i want to do mca after that can i join the army? plz rply as soon as possible!
Well Friend, Joining Army after Commerce is possible Or you can take it as granted that a guy with 12 class with mathematics can apply for it. But if you are thinking to join Indian Army as a commissioned officer in Technical Side then The answer is No because to apply For technical i.e TES Army you need to have physics, Chemistry and Maths as a compulsory subjects in 12.

Don't worry you can apply after your graduation and the name of the Entry is through UES i.e University Entry Scheme. You can apply it for when you will be in Pre final Or Final Year.

Sorry to say but its a fact that after Mca You can't able to give any Entry because of your age. But if you come under Age limit then you can think of it. But not having age then you might be loosing your fate. Its better to join After your graduation.
13th February 2011, 02:56 AM
MembersHelp
Please visit Support's Profile to get help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a commerce student. And I am a karate student. My age is 18 . I want to apply for indian army. Can I Join Indian Army after commerce ?

VINAYAK K.P

'JAI HIND' sir
yes, you can apply for Indian army through its logistic department intake.....
this will be done after your graduation and you just need to undergo an SSB ...also called interview....here you will be undergoing different tasks...like physical, mental and medical.....

keep a track of the employment newspapers and some of the leading national newspapers ...as the advertisement comes there only......

also can visit the official website of Indian army for more details of your joining procedures, eligibility, etc....

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Index.aspx?flag=LfcULYFlbeQ=
13th February 2011, 11:18 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

yes ofcours eyou can enter in army after completing a graduation degree in any stream
keep a track of employment news that will provide you all the updates about the vacancies
13th February 2011, 02:35 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
respected sir,

regards,
rishi shukla
Dear Friend;

Warm Greeting for the day;

Yes,you can apply in Indian Army but if you complete your graduation then you are able to apply for the officers rank.

I have attached a pdf regarding how can you enter in to the indian Army by various ways .please find the attachment.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Career in Army.....pdf(82.8 KB, 123 views)
13th February 2011, 02:59 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Yes of course you can apply for the Indian Army as an officer.But you cannot enter directly after your 12th through NDA examination and some of the SSB examination because they require candidates from science background i.e PCM(Physics,Chemistry,Maths) stream.

But you can apply for some of the exams after your graduation course like CDS,Some of the SSB's in which you have to choose Indian Military Academy(IMA) as your first option.Hence there's nothing to worry about and keep working hard.Keep going through newspapers like 'THE HINDU' and the weekly journal 'Employment News' where the notifications are released.You can even go through the following link

http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th February 2011, 03:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes Definitely!

You Can jojn Indian army after completing your 12th commerce.

But you have to appear the NDA exams, after clear the NDA exams And Interview, you will get chance to join Indian Army.

So, if you really interested to join indian army, then please appear for NDA exams after clear this exams, you have go clear the SSB interview. But for this your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, only then you are eligible to appear in this exams.

So, please prepare yourself for NDA exams, to join Indian army.

You will definitely get chance to join indian army. And please check the employment newspaper daily because the details for Indian army recruitment come in employment newspaper.
13th February 2011, 03:35 PM
diego
Banned

of course you can join Indian Army,however your options are very limited
since you are a commerce student.
If Indian army is your dream job i would suggest you to Take admission in science stream
with physics and maths.
I am suggesting you since you are still in a position to change your stream.
Most of the defence jobs demand science in some way Math+Physics being requires subjects for +2.. then you can go for NDA.. or later after engineering you can go for
CDSE .. or also get in through university entry scheme.
visit::http://upsc.gov.in
for details about physical and other standars.. which must be fulfilled for Defense jobs.
please remember there are no relaxations in this regard.
13th February 2011, 08:13 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

yes you can surely join Indian Army after commerce because in Indian army there is different type of post is available in Indian army .you can apply for indian army and they called to you for SSB.if you do very good SSB then you can do work for Indian Army.
in Indian Army there is some age limit is available that's why you apply only on that age.age is 19-24yrs. is only eligible for Indian Army.
14th February 2011, 04:50 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

definitely commerce students join indian army.

commerce students can join Indian army after graduation.

to join in amry, you have to appear an qualify UPSC exam.

through UPSC exam, you can join in Indian army.

the criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is

minimum graduation in qualification with 55% marks in academic career .

age limit 21-29 years.

all the best.............
14th February 2011, 06:54 PM
Bhupesh Arya

Yes dear you can join INDIAN ARMY after completing B.COM.You can try for NDA.This is the best job as a officer of INDIAN ARMY.
BEST OF LUCK
14th February 2011, 11:55 PM
mishra245

Yes you can join the Indian Army after 12th with commerce.
National Defence Academy is the route for you to join the Indian Army.
See this web site for details :
http://nda.nic.in/html/nda-admission-det
You can also download the application form from that site.
You have to work really hard to qualify for this NDA selection.
16th February 2011, 04:07 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Quote:
respected sir,

regards,
rishi shukla
Hi...Well its a sign of true citizen to choose this profession.yes off course you can appear for this profession.After you complete your graduation you can go for CDS exam which is conducted every year by UPSC board.You can appear for this exam and also yes you can even go for your MCA and then sit for this exam.You are very much eligible for this exam as the minimum criteria is that you need to have degree certificate from a recognized colleges or equivalent exam for appearing CDS exam.You can visit this website for further details.
WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN..
7th April 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i am shubham in commerce how to join army
16th April 2011, 12:43 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

Sorry you cannot join Indian army because the qualification is you have PCM in 12th but you don't have so you cant..
19th April 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sir,

VINAYAK K.P

'JAI HIND' sir
waha karate dikhana,ho jaega....
20th April 2011, 11:44 AM
ZChirag aggarwal

Quote:
what is the process?
u shud give UPSC entrance Exam for NDA and den u can go in INDIAN ARMY..
20th April 2011, 03:24 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Quote:
i am a commerce student and i have scored 47% and i want to apply for army can i apply if yes then what are the posts for which i can apply and my age is 20yrs
Dear frend,
No, der is no criteria to join army wid commerce and dat 2 after age of 20yrzz..bcazz for NDA age shud b 16n a half-19 yrzz and for IMA age shud b 16n a half -19n a half yrzz and dat 2 wid non medical...but dnt loose hope..get graduated and den give CDS exam and get into army n serve d nation
27th April 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I did my 10 2 with commerce background. I didn't opted for maths in my 12th grade hence I belong to plain commerce category.
I'm currently in my sophomore (2nd) year pursuing Bachelor of Business Administration.
Can I apply for Indian Military Academy after my graduation for Non technical Service?

Regards,
Abhishek Singh Bhilware.

P.s : A quick reply would be highly appreciated.
27th April 2011, 03:11 PM
abhishek6969

Hi,
I'm a commerce student, without maths as my major subject. I took physical education instead of it.
I'm currently pursuing BBA .
Can I join the Indian Army for Non technical services as a officer via IMA?
30th May 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am a commerce student, but i dont have maths.
can i join the indian army???
2nd June 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am Vaibhav Karjekar i have complate 13 for commerce stream

Sir if there will be any in vacancy in Indian army then pleaz inform me because my aim in life is to join the Indian Army and protect our nation
my. contact no. is 9867058039 & my e-mail Id is [email protected]
4th June 2011, 01:25 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Army.

There are some selection procedure such as:
Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

i)For IMA and OTA you must have any degree from any recognized University.

ii)For Naval Academy you should have B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).

iii)For (AFA) you should have the degree of recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE)

Age Limit:

i)For IMA:19-24 Years
ii)For OTA:19-23 Years
iii)For Naval Academy:19-22 Years
iv)For AFA :19-25 Years

They select the students through the
i) Written Test
ii)Intelligence & Personality test
iii)Medical test.

Exam Pattern
i) Written Test

for IMA / Naval Academy / AFA
All the three papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
Elementary Mathematics
total 300 marks,each paper 100 marks.

for OTA
All the two papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
total 200 marks,each paper of 100 marks.

ii)Intelligence & Personality test :Generally here checks the Personality of the candidate,GD,group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests. etc...

iii)Medical test.
After getting selected in interview ,the candidates are called for medical examination which is conducted by Military Hospitals.

Pre-Commission training After getting final selected the candidates are called for Training.
26th July 2011, 05:01 PM
0nitesh

after commerce you can join indian army.
31st July 2011, 08:57 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Yes you can

So that you should have a degree of a recognized university

Exam is cds examination

Exam on February and September

Age limit

For IMA 19-24
Naval academy 19-22
Air force academy 19-23
OTA 19-25
1st August 2011, 10:37 AM
SuyashKumar

Quote:
respected sir,

regards,
rishi shukla
HELLO.....
You are totally confused about your career. One side you say that you want to do MCA and another side you want to serve your nation.

My suggestion to you that you should do MCA because after doing MCA you have many job opportunities in technical field as well as in software field.

And after doing MCA when you will got a good job then you have also complete your dream of serve the nation by doing some social work.

So think carefully and then go for right decision....

ALL TH BEST......
2nd August 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am B.com(h) graduate with 54.2% .I am currently working
Spicejet LTD. I am DGCA approved Load %u2013Sheet officer for Boeing
737-800 & 900 ER.

Will this kind of experience help me to join Indian Army.

Thanking You

Yours faithfully
Saurav Chakraborty
2nd August 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am B.com(h) graduate with 54.2% .I am currently working
Spicejet LTD. I am DGCA approved Load %u2013Sheet officer for Boeing
737-800 & 900 ER.

Will this kind of experience help me to join Indian Army

Thanking You

Yours faithfully
Saurav Chakraborty
31st August 2011, 02:48 PM
dhruv007

Yes, you can join the Indian Army with commerce in 12th class as for officers, the Army recruits on Permanent Commission (absorption till retirement) and Short Service Commission (for a tenure of 15 years) basis. Candidates have to qualify the tests for National Defence Academy (NDA) or the Indian Military Academy (IMA) to join Army as permanent commission.
Candidates who join the Army as Short Service Commission are engaged for tenure of 15 years; however they have the option to continue as permanent commission, if they desire to continue their service further.
19th September 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am 12th pass 58.8% with commerce.can i join the indian army.?
27th September 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Re; can I Join Indian Army after 12th class I an student of commerce with physical education
14th October 2011, 07:34 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

As , you have 12th degree in commerce stream, so, you are not eligible for AIR & NAVAL wings of the indian army , but you are eligible for military branch o the india.
after 12th you can go through NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY), conducted by UPSC every years for two times.
the age limit for NDA examination is 16.5-19.
also you must have nationality indian and having marital status unmarried.
15th October 2011, 09:00 AM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hello friend

yes definitely you can join in army

the selection drive will be every year so be updated

with all the notifications

and be regular reader of employment news

thanks
15th October 2011, 06:40 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Can I Join Indian Army after Commerce?

Quote:
respected sir,

regards,
rishi shukla

You can join Indian defence forces by appearing in NDA examination provided you fulfill eligibility criteria.

National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is one of the premier defence recruitment examination which is conducted by Union Public service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year.

Eligibilty criteria for NDA exam: The candidate must be a male Indian within the age limit of 16 1/2 to 19 years and must did 10+2 with any of the stream.
15th October 2011, 09:06 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of, course,
friend you are totally eligible for appear in the NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) , conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) every year for two times.

although , you are not eligible for NAVAL & AIR FORCE WING of the Indian army, but you are eligible for military branch.

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19.

for this examination you must have nationality Indian & marital status unmarried.

thank!!
15th October 2011, 09:30 PM
jevirsinh

Hello friend.
the main requirement is of being physical strong which you should maintain for going any field in indian army

To join indian army you have to fulfill these basic criterias:

1)your age should be 19 to 23 years old.
2)you should be medically sound.

after you fulfill these criterias you can then give the following exams to join indian army,you can join logistic cadre in indian army:

UES-University Entry Scheme.
SSC-Short Service Commission.
CDS-Combined Defence Service

1)CDSE: it is an exam conducted for graduates by UPSC twice an year.
More information from :
www.upsc.gov.in

2)UES and SSC: these are the exams conducted by indian army.
More information for these enteries from:
www.indianarmy.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?