29th June 2020, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army after completion of MA English Literature?

Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of MA English Literature being a girl candidate? If yes, then at which post or department can I join? Joining procedure? Any entrance required?

30th June 2020, 04:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after completion of MA English Literature?

You can join OTA after qualifying in CDS examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligiblility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

The age limit is 19-25 years. You will have to appear and qualify in both written and SSB for final selection as an officer.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2020, 05:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after completion of MA English Literature?

Through Short Service Commission scheme of Indian Army, female candidates can join Indian Army for a period of 14 years.

You can apply through official site of Indian Army. After shortlisting of candidates, you will be called for SSB Interview.

For joining Army, they can join through:
Graduate UPSC (Non-Technical)
  • Candidate needs to qualify written test conducted by UPSC.
  • Age limit: 19 to 25 years (unmarried)
  • Eligibility: Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

Graduate UPSC (Technical)
  • Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of marks/merit. No written exam conducted.
  • Age limit: 20 to 27 years (unmarried)
  • Eligibility: Graduate degree in engineering from a recognized university.

Graduate Non-UPSC
Here, candidates can join through:
NCC (National Cadet Corps)
  • Unmarried
  • Eligibility: Graduates in any stream with at least 50% marks. At least 2 years service in NCC Senior Division Army.
JAG (Judge Advocate General)
  • Unmarried
  • Eligibility: Graduation in LLB with at least 55% marks. Must be a member of Bar Council of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?