13th January 2018, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with 73 percentage and a girl candidate?

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with 73 percentage and a girl candidate? Can you please let me know the next steps which I need to follow to reach my goal? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

15th January 2018, 08:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with 73 percentage and a girl candidate?

At senior secondary level, Union Public Service Commission conducts National Defence Academy examination for selection of candidates for different wings of defence like Army, Navy and Air Force.

Candidates who have passed 10+2 with PCM subjects are eligible for NDA exam for Navy. One of the most important criteria for examination is that only unmarried male candidate can apply for NDA exam. Female candidates can not apply for NDA examination.

To join Navy, you can apply for Combined Defence Services examination at bachelor's degree level.
15th January 2018, 08:42 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with 73 percentage and a girl candidate?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard being a female candidate. To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you should have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. Only unmarried male candidates who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to apply for UPSC NDA examination. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination as per UPSC NDA examination notification.
15th January 2018, 08:49 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. Minimum qualification is 10+2 from a recognized board.

2. PCM subjects in 12th is necessary for NDA examination.

3. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

4. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.

Female candidates can not apply for NDA exam to join Indian Navy after 10+2.
15th January 2018, 09:47 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Female candidates are not eligible to apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination for job in Navy because:

In eligibility criteria of NDA examination, it is mentioned that male candidates who are unmarried can only apply for NDA examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Female candidates are eligible for Naval academy at graduation level through Combined Defence Services exam.
15th January 2018, 11:41 AM
SandyRockstar
Junior Member+

The best entry scheme in Indian Defence after completion of 12th standard is NDA. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This academy recruit candidates to ARMY, NAVY & AIRFORCE wing.

Girl candidates are not eligible for NDA. The other entry scheme for girls are :- CDS,UES,UES (Technical). CDS stands for Combine Defence Services after completing graduation. This entry scheme allows girls to join Indian defence services. Process completes in 3 stages i.e. Written Test, SSB & Medical Examination.

UES stands for University Entry Scheme. Final year students of B.Tech course are eligible for this entry scheme. The process completes in 3 stages i.e. Group Discussion&Written test, SSB, Medical examination.

UES Technical entry scheme. The candidates of b.tech course have one more entry scheme. Under this scheme if you have marks above cut off then you are directly called for SSB. Rest process is same as CDS entry scheme.
15th January 2018, 12:03 PM
NeptuneSpear

At present, you can not join Indian Navy. Only boys are eligible to join Indian Navy after completion through NDA (National Defence Academy) conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

- You can join Indian Navy after completion of your bachelor degree in any of disciplines from a recognised university. Final year students are eligible to take the examination.

- UPSC CDS (Combined Defence Services) is the examination through which you can join Indian Navy.

- Indian Navy also conduct Technical Entry, University Entry Scheme to join Indian Navy on different posts.
15th January 2018, 01:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with 73 percent of marks because female candidates are not allowed to apply for National Defence Academy examination rules.

Eligibility of NDA exam clearly mention that only unmarried male aspirants can apply for NDA/NA examination for joining Army or Air Force or Navy.
15th January 2018, 03:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to join as officer in Indian Navy after 12th qualification.

NDA examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence service. The age limit to appear in examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages and it is necessary to qualify in both stages for final selection.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. So, for any detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2018, 04:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Girls are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination to join Indian Navy. As per rules only male candidates who are unmarried can apply for NDA entrance exam to join Navy.

Female candidates are eligible to apply for CDS and INA UG level exams to join Indian Navy.
15th January 2018, 04:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission. The minimum educational qualification required for NDA examination is 10+2. Only Science stream with PCM subjects are eligible for Indian Navy.

Female candidates can not apply for NDA exam because only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.
15th January 2018, 05:05 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No. You are not eligible to get entry to Indian Navy just after completion of your 12th. One can get entry to Indian Navy after 12th through NDA, but girls candidates are not eligible for NDA. So, You should complete your graduation and then after you can apply for Indian Navy through CDSE.

Eligibility For CDSE
- You must be Indian Citizen.
- You must have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 19 to 24 years.
- You must be physically fit.

CDSE Exam Pattern
- Number of Questions : 340
- Maximum Marks : 300 (English - 100 Marks, General Knowledge - 100 Marks, Mathematics - 100 Marks)
- Exam Duration : 6 Hours
- 0.8 Mark will be allotted for each correct response.
- 0.33 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Tentative Dates of CDSE
- Notification & Starting of Application : August, 2018
- Last Date of Application : September, 2018
- CDSE Exam Date : December, 2018
15th January 2018, 06:33 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

No female candidates are not eligible for Indian Navy through National Defence Academy entrance examination.

You will have to apply for Combined Defence Services examination to join Indian Naval Academy. The age limit for CDS examination is 19-22 years.
15th January 2018, 06:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy or any other defense services at any posts as at this level of academics only unmarried male candidates can join Indian defense.

But you can join Indian Navy as a commissioned officer by qualifying Combined Defense Services entrance examination but for that you need to pursue B.E./B/Tech degree course from a recognized university.

For more details regarding different entries in Indian Navy you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?