28th January 2016, 11:43 AM
Rashmita Harpale

Can I join Indian Army being a 20 years old girl from commerce stream without maths?

Can I join Indian Army being a girl from commerce stream without maths of 20 years old girl? I want to join Indian army being a girl as soon as possible.

28th January 2016, 03:00 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army being a 20 years old girl from commerce stream without maths?

Yes you can join Indian Army as a girl. But for girls very less opportunities are available in the Defense sector. Being as a girl with 20 year age you can apply for the Officer training post. For this post you must following eligibility:
> Candidate must be a citizen of India.
> Candidate must have completed any graduation or bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
> The age criteria is from 19 years to 25 years.
> Candidate eye sight must be good 6/6 for good eyes and 6/18 for worst.
> Candidate must be physically fit and fine.
28th January 2016, 03:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army being a 20 years old girl from commerce stream without maths?

If you are interested to serve in Indian Army then you have to qualify the entrance exam that is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Minimum age required to appear in the exam is 19 and maximum age required 25 years.
Interested girls should have done graduation from approved University of India.
So I would like to suggest you to first complete your graduation after 12th from any discipline then only you can appear in this exam to enter into Indian Army.
28th January 2016, 06:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate and a commerce stream student you only have the option of joining Indian Army and that to by clearing CDS entrance examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the CDS entrance examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> Also for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army ( i.e; Indian Military Academy ) you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree course with any stream of your subject from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details and updates about the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2016, 07:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army being 20 years old girl you have to appear in the exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year to recruit the candidates in Indian Army.
The candidate must have pursue graduation from recognised University with at least 50% marks in any discipline. Age limit should be in between 21 to 24 years.
28th January 2016, 08:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashmita Harpale View Post
Can I join Indian Army being a girl from commerce stream without maths of 20 years old girl? I want to join Indian army being a girl as soon as possible.
You can join in Indian Army if you have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree because you are a female candidate. After graduation degree you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
28th January 2016, 10:17 PM
ruthless
Member+

Yes ,you can join Indian Army being a 20 year girl having commerce stream without maths but you are not eligible to apply for Air force and Navy because these exams need physics and maths.

eligibility criteria to join Indian Army :

Heigh - 152 cm.
Eye sight - 6/6.
Age should be 19 to 25 years.
It is necessary for a student to pass 12th.
You must be Indian citizen.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?